WTF

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
What hell is that.
Our fucking city. Wants to raise our property tax millage for road repair, new jail, a school sinking fund, and more. I'm sick to fucking death of being taxed up the ass. So, I'm making a proposal that either ONLY property owners vote on millage increases, or only those who vote YES get to pay.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Our fucking city. Wants to raise our property tax millage for road repair, new jail, a school sinking fund, and more. I'm sick to fucking death of being taxed up the ass. So, I'm making a proposal that either ONLY property owners vote on millage increases, or only those who vote YES get to pay.
Dear Greg T:

I endorse those proposals.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
You do realize renters indirectly pay for property tax increase?

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I read many car review websites who drive cars in Michigan and complain about how bad the roads are.

I'm pretty conservative, but infrastructure upgrades are needed across the country. We either pay for it with out taxes or it gets paid to fix our cars.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THE ROADS WHERE I LIVE NOW, MINEOLA, AND IN THE DFW AREA ARE HORRIBLE. MOST PLACES SEEM MORE CONTENT WITH SPENDING MONEY TO BUILD NEWER FANCIER BUILDINGS THAN REPAIR THE ROADS. IF YA'LL'S AREA IS LIKE DALLAS, I THINK THEY ARE TO FAR GONE FROM NEGLECT AND WILL NEVER BE MADE RIGHT IN MY LIFETIME.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
You do realize renters indirectly pay for property tax increase?
No no no no.. It's much deeper than that. Our elected officials are trying to turn Esky into Little Detroit by giving extreme tax incentives to developers for building low income housing. We've got an 18 story building that started out as elderly housing, but then they couldn't fill it so they included low income. now it's a drug infested 40 year old shit hole that has never generated 1 fucking cent of property taxes. I looked at their tax bills and assessed value today. It says ZERO. We also have about 7 other LARGE complexes that are designated low income that pay ZERO, and a few other small businesses that pay extremely low or NO taxes. But then when they need millage they call on us property owners to foot the fucking bills. They're attempting to put the private landlords out of business so they can control ALL the property. Landlords attempting to make renovations or add parking get refused. Owners trying to turn a 1 family unit into a two family unit are told they cannot change the zoning. When a few of us show up at council meetings we are never called upon for questions and never see the podium. I even have to threaten litigation to have a letter to the editor published. So now we are pouring on the coal. i have an insider that is giving me all the figures for the city finances. Come to find out, the sinking fund they are begging for and are telling us is depleted actually has $3.4M in it, and will receive another $1.04M from the state in 2018. They are lying to the public to get this shit passed. I could go for days about what I found out.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IN DALLAS THEY ARE CONSTANTLEY RAISING TOLL ROAD FEES AND ADDING TAXES TO THIS OR THAT TO COVER THEIR LATEST WHIM.