11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I THINK THAT MOST OF US WANT TO GIVE TRUMP A SHOT WAS TO MUCH FOR HIM. IN ONE OF HIS POSTS HE STATED HE WAS ONLY POSTING ANTI TRUMP STUFF BECAUSE MOST OF US WERE POSTING STUFF ABOUT OBAMA AND HILLARY AND HE WANTED TO EVEN THE SCALE. TO BAD THOUGH, CUZ HE DID POST SOME COOL SHIT SOMETIMES. AS FAR AS POLITICS AND RELIGION, I CANT VOTE AND I AM NOT RELIGIOUS, SO IM FUCKIN RIGHT AND YOUR ALL WRONG. :D BUT TONY IS RIGHT, THEY BOTH BRING OUT PASSION IN MOST EVERYONE.

livespive

I think it was more of a "If you point a finger, there might be ten pointing at you" type of thing meaning.....

Aw lot of bashed Obama when and before he was in office, when he gave you a shot of your own medicine, you didn't really take it. You got defensive and attacked. Not personal attacks but they were still attacks.

I think he might have tired of the close mindedness. I think you have a lot of that when it comes to religion and politics as Tony said.
I have not liked most of the candidates here for a while, but I always listen to all sides.......

Also, as AW said typing, not really grammar, but the fact that something just don't come out on the screen as they would if we were sitting a table with a beer in our hands talking face to face......

Maybe we need a big Skype gathering ;):Biggrin:

I THINK THAT MOST OF US WANT TO GIVE TRUMP A SHOT WAS TO MUCH FOR HIM. IN ONE OF HIS POSTS HE STATED HE WAS ONLY POSTING ANTI TRUMP STUFF BECAUSE MOST OF US WERE POSTING STUFF ABOUT OBAMA AND HILLARY AND HE WANTED TO EVEN THE SCALE. TO BAD THOUGH, CUZ HE DID POST SOME COOL SHIT SOMETIMES. AS FAR AS POLITICS AND RELIGION, I CANT VOTE AND I AM NOT RELIGIOUS, SO IM FUCKIN RIGHT AND YOUR ALL WRONG. :D BUT TONY IS RIGHT, THEY BOTH BRING OUT PASSION IN MOST EVERYONE.

I think it was more of a "If you point a finger, there might be ten pointing at you" type of thing meaning.....

Aw lot of bashed Obama when and before he was in office, when he gave you a shot of your own medicine, you didn't really take it. You got defensive and attacked. Not personal attacks but they were still attacks.

I think he might have tired of the close mindedness. I think you have a lot of that when it comes to religion and politics as Tony said.
I have not liked most of the candidates here for a while, but I always listen to all sides.......

Also, as AW said typing, not really grammar, but the fact that something just don't come out on the screen as they would if we were sitting a table with a beer in our hands talking face to face......

Maybe we need a big Skype gathering ;):Biggrin:
The problem with many of his posts is that the news in them wasn't altogether true, but were how the media wanted them to be but weren't. Thus fake news, so people here commented on those untrue posts.

livespive

There is comment, and there is pounce :)

While I do agree that some might have come from "alternate truth" sources :) some of the comebacks were harsh.
Granted sometimes we need thicker skin, but you will have that.

The problem with many of his posts is that the news in them wasn't altogether true, but were how the media wanted them to be but weren't. Thus fake news, so people here commented on those posts.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
While I do agree that some might have come from "alternate truth" sources :) some of the comebacks were harsh.
Granted sometimes we need thicker skin, but you will have that.
There is nothing wrong with posting from "alternate truth" sources, but anyone who posts such a constant diet of such posts -- especially when so many of them were of a one-sided political bent -- should be prepared (and expecting) some responses from those with differing viewpoints. But to MI2AZ's credit, he didn't respond with personal attacks and name-calling.

livespive

Don't say diet, I haven't had lunch yet ;)

Like I said, I agree that might be challenged on some things, but there is a way to do it...
Example if we were in a high school debate and going back and forth the way we normally do we would be kicked out.

Trust me, the conversations on here are aggressive. Not nasty, but aggressive, but you will have that, and that means that no one will just roll over and play dead.

There is nothing wrong with posting from "alternate truth" sources, but anyone who posts such a constant diet of such posts -- especially when so many of them were of a one-sided political bent -- should be prepared (and expecting) some responses from those with differing viewpoints. But to MI2AZ's credit, he didn't respond with personal attacks and name-calling.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Trust me, the conversations on here are aggressive. Not nasty, but aggressive, but you will have that, and that means that no one will just roll over and play dead.
Dear livespive:

Huh? No one will just "roll over and play dead"? That's EXACTLY what MI2AZ apparently did. He, in essence, "played dead" by rolling right out of here.

livespive

No No,

I won't say he rolled over, I will say that he thought the conversation was nasty. Not personal attack nasty, but nasty to his taste.....

It wasn't High Tea conversation :Coffee::Biggrin:

Dear livespive:

Huh? No one will just "roll over and play dead"? That's EXACTLY what MI2AZ apparently did. He, in essence, "played dead" by rolling right out of here.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
No No,

I won't say he rolled over, I will say that he thought the conversation was nasty. Not personal attack nasty, but nasty to his taste.....

It wasn't High Tea conversation
Dear livespive:

Analyze it however you care to. From my perspective, He decided to "play dead" with regard to forum participation, and he certainly did (as I said) "roll right out of here."

livespive

Yes, but that is what I am talking about harsh, brash, not able to see the other persons side.
After a while that wears a person down...

Just because you put dear in front doesn't tame it down.

Personally I like you guys, you remind me of the guys on my old league team before I moved....

W.K.T.A. (We Kick That Ass) :)

But they were just that, straight forward, didn't sugar coat things.

Dear livespive:

Analyze it however you care to. From my perspective, He decided to "play dead" with regard to forum participation, and he certainly did (as I said) "roll right out of here."

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Yes, but that is what I am talking about harsh, brash, not able to see the other persons side.
After a while that wears a person down...

Just because you put dear in front doesn't tame it down.
Dear livespive:

First of all, I have often used a "Dear" greeting -- even in this forum, and other Internet discussion sites -- because I've always attempted to be polite and respectful. Obviously, though, I'm opinionated (and who isn't, for that matter?), but I always make an honest effort to refrain from personal insults, name-calling and the like -- and of course, the site moderators do a good job in keeping such things from happening here.

I've probably responded to MI2AZ's posts -- political posts and otherwise -- more than anyone in the forum, and I don't feel (though you and others may disagree) that I treated him too "harshly" although I did frequently "push" my viewpoints in rebuttal. But I always remained mindful of his obvious opinions and his right to post them, and at least, this forum hasn't even come close to the "personal wars" that take place in other forums.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
The original idea of this forum was to be able to speak ones mind without worry of expulsion, as long as the discussions didn't turn personal. Nearly all of us are from BR and know how nasty it can get, so it should be no big deal to anyone that quick and aggressive come-backs are expected. I have seen absolutely nothing wrong with any of the posts as of late, and the extreme few that I did see a very long time ago were dealt with immediately. The threads, discussions and even disagreements that we have in this forum are all well within the guidelines that have been in place since we came here and I find no reason, other than a personal nature, for anyone to get bent out of shape. We have managed to do what nobody could ever do at BR. We agree to disagree. In my opinion, deleting threads and posts just because of discontent is no different than college kids needing teddy bears and play doh in a cry room to deal with the loss of an election. And that type of behavior will not be tolerated here. There is too much content and some very well thought out posts in those threads. I won't allow it to be trashed.

livespive

And I respect that totally......

I mentioned earlier that typing doesn't lend itself to the same type of communication that face to face communication does,
and this is a perfect example.

I also said that you (not as in you, but as us as members on here when writing) can come off as harsh, see and that can be done without personal insults.......

I do remember the other forums :)

Dear livespive:

First of all, I have often used a "Dear" greeting -- even in this forum, and other Internet discussion sites -- because I've always attempted to be polite and respectful. Obviously, though, I'm opinionated (and who isn't, for that matter?), but I always make an honest effort to refrain from personal insults, name-calling and the like -- and of course, the site moderators do a good job in keeping such things from happening here.

I've probably responded to MI2AZ's posts -- political posts and otherwise -- more than anyone in the forum, and I don't feel (though you and others may disagree) that I treated him too "harshly" although I did frequently "push" my viewpoints in rebuttal. But I always remained mindful of his obvious opinions and his right to post them, and at least, this forum hasn't even come close to the "personal wars" that take place in other forums.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
And I respect that totally......

I mentioned earlier that typing doesn't lend itself to the same type of communication that face to face communication does,
and this is a perfect example.

I also said that you (not as in you, but as us as members on here when writing) can come off as harsh, see and that can be done without personal insults.......

I do remember the other forums :)
The thing is, a lot of people interpret things as harsh that truly weren't meant to be. The problem with typing is that you can't type tonal variances and emotion. Usually it's not what is typed that causes a problem, but rather what is read.

livespive

Exactly,

The thing is, a lot of people interpret things as harsh that truly weren't meant to be. The problem with typing is that you can't type tonal variances and emotion. Usually it's not what is typed that causes a problem, but rather what is read.

livespive

Well guys, it going 4:00 over my way. I am getting ready to sign off and head home. Been nice as always, and I'll chat with you tomorrow.

:Thumbsup::Cool:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
... and it's easy for any forum member to jump to conclusions (before analyzing fully what is actually stated or intended).