Any tech experts here? Looking on purchasing a Cable Modem

MI2AZ

Should add that sometimes which model you should get would depend on your speed package that you are buying. If you have a real high speed internet, you need to ensure that the modem will provide that. My modem was good until Cox upgraded their speeds so I had to buy a new modem if I wanted to take advantage of the speed upgrade.

Okay....I am using Comcast BLAST! 150 Mbps. Went to their site and I get this list of 44 Cable Modems. I have done some research and the Arris SB6141 (Retail) Retail SURFboard gets a good rating however on Comcast's site they have this statement:

Special Note on this Device: Only purchased SB6141 retail devices will continue to be activated on our network. The Comcast leased version of this device will no longer be activated

Why would they stop activation of this modem that they lease?

Anyway was not expecting all this. Any help would be appreciated.

MI2AZ

6141 is the same model I bought (and it is a good modem) but I am on Cox so I can't answer your question about why they won't activate their leased models. Are they planning on discontinuing leasing that model in favor of a newer one in the near future? Sometimes it is best to call their Tech Support and talk to a person. You might have to talk to several before you get an actual expert and not someone reading from a checklist. (My experience with Cox).

Well I had to get a Cable Modem and a Router. Both were restricting the internet speed.

Arris SB 6141 Cable Modem and a LINKSYS AC1200+ Router. $170 total for both.

Actually I am getting between 170Mbps - 180Mbps.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
GOOD DEAL TRASH HEAP. I AM NO TECHY BUT I KNOW A COUPLE OF THE GUYS ARE. HOPE THEY HELPED. :Thumbsup: