Cruz is only taking advantage of a gullible Kasich

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
EXPERT PREDICTION: Ted Cruz is only taking advantage of a gullible John Kasich.

After Kasich goes first and "backs off" in Indiana, by the time it gets to the Oregon and New Mexico primaries, Cruz will sing a different tune and say he has to abandon the "alliance" with Kasich, saying that he has to campaign there -- even though he now says he won't -- because he will assert that he offers the only real opportunity to defeat Trump at the convention. And of course, Cruz will claim that he had to break the "pact" with Kasich for the good of the party.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Expanding on my original post a bit ...

Kasich has made the fatal error that Rubio made. Both have now TrusTED Cruz ... but all Kasich will get is a lesson in dirty tricks from backstabber Cruz.

Cruz will "use" Kasich in Indiana, then screw him over later (prior to the Oregon and New Mexico primaries).

livespive

Yeah, but he didn't "back off". While he is not going to IN, he is still telling his voters to vote for him.

EXPERT PREDICTION: Ted Cruz is only taking advantage of a gullible John Kasich.

After Kasich goes first and "backs off" in Indiana, by the time it gets to the Oregon and New Mexico primaries, Cruz will sing a different tune and say he has to abandon the "alliance" with Kasich, saying that he has to campaign there -- even though he now says he won't -- because he will assert that he offers the only real opportunity to defeat Trump at the convention. And of course, Cruz will claim that he had to break the "pact" with Kasich for the good of the party.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Yeah, but he didn't "back off". While he is not going to IN, he is still telling his voters to vote for him.
Dear livespive:

Actually, he didn't tell people to vote for him. In essence, he just said that people CAN still vote for him and that he's not going to tell anyone who they should vote for. But he's not going to campaign or spend money in Indiana. And do you really think that Lyin' Ted WON'T actually go to Oregon and New Mexico to campaign there?

livespive

TO me that's the same thing if he is supposed to stay out of IN.

Dear livespive:

Actually, he didn't tell people to vote for him. In essence, he just said that people CAN still vote for him and that he's not going to tell anyone who they should vote for. But he's not going to campaign or spend money in Indiana. And do you really think that Lyin' Ted WON'T actually go to Oregon and New Mexico to campaign there?

livespive

True, but I thought the reason for what they were doing was to stay out of the way?
If he is doing this, he might as well be there. It's still a bug in someone's ear.

Dear livespive:

True, but he probably doesn't want to actually tell people to vote for Cruz.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
True, but I thought the reason for what they were doing was to stay out of the way?
If he is doing this, he might as well be there. It's still a bug in someone's ear.
Dear livespive:

It's a sneaky ploy by Cruz to have Kasich not campaign or spend money in Indiana, hoping to somehow enable him to defeat Trump in Indiana. After that, however, and assuming that Cruz wins, he will simply rationalize that he is the only real alternative to Trump and that -- regardless of any previous "agreement" with Kasich -- he'll need to campaign himself in Oregon and New Mexico, and Kasich will realize that he was duped.

livespive

We shall see :)

Dear livespive:

It's a sneaky ploy by Cruz to have Kasich not campaign or spend money in Indiana, hoping to somehow enable him to defeat Trump in Indiana. After that, however, and assuming that Cruz wins, he will simply rationalize that he is the only real alternative to Trump and that -- regardless of any previous "agreement" with Kasich -- he'll need to campaign himself in Oregon and New Mexico, and Kasich will realize that he was duped.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I fail to see how that strategy was supposed to come across as anything BUT weak for Cruz/Kasich and desperate for the party as a whole. They played right into Trump's hand and, if anything, strengthened him while weakening the others (including the party). I think they incompetently gave him a huge boost, delivered on a silver platter.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
It's in the bag! Bobby Knight has endorsed him! Oh wait... I think a lot of Hoosiers are still pissed about how the Bobby Knight era ended... better plan to count every vote!

livespive

I think the plan was to make it a 2 man contest in each state. What they didn't count on was the just because Kasich wasn't in IN doesn't mean his votes would goto Cruz, and Visa Versa.

I fail to see how that strategy was supposed to come across as anything BUT weak for Cruz/Kasich and desperate for the party as a whole. They played right into Trump's hand and, if anything, strengthened him while weakening the others (including the party). I think they incompetently gave him a huge boost, delivered on a silver platter.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I'm actually surprised a lot of you don't love Ted Cruz. He really seems to represent a lot of "yall's" views.
I have no idea where you got that idea. Cruz is absolutely NOT anywhere near a fiscally right leaning centrist like myself. Nor is he the man for any of the people I know. Ted Cruz represents "business as usual" , which is exactly what we don't need.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I have no idea where you got that idea. Cruz is absolutely NOT anywhere near a fiscally right leaning centrist like myself. Nor is he the man for any of the people I know. Ted Cruz represents "business as usual" , which is exactly what we don't need.
In my opinion, another spot-on post by Greg!