Every American "borrows" $1,500 a year from other countries

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
To put the spiraling national debt -- which is now in the $18.5 trillion range -- consider the following ...

EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN's share of the amount BORROWED by the U.S. government per year is around $4 per day, and every American's yearly share is around $1,500.

Keep in mind that those figures only reflect the amount our government BORROWS every day and every year, and doesn't even take into consideration the enormity of the debt itself. As for each American's current share of the total national debt, it is more than $55,000 per person -- the amount it would require each and every individual (regardless of age or financial wealth) to pay off the debt.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear MI2AZ2 and WAMO:

The problem is that even if both of you pay your share, what are the odds of getting every single American to pay theirs?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IF I NEVER HAD TO PAY TAXES AGAIN, IM IN. I THINK WE ALL KNOW THAT THERE ARE CERTAIN PEOPLE ON WELFARE, WITH MULTIPLE KIDS, WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO COVER THEIR PART. BUT OBAMA WOULD LOAN THEM THE MONEY TO CHIP IN.

livespive

Better than you think imagine being able to make that one time payment and be done with taxes.
I would do it.

Dear MI2AZ2 and WAMO:

The problem is that even if both of you pay your share, what are the odds of getting every single American to pay theirs?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
IF I NEVER HAD TO PAY TAXES AGAIN, IM IN. I THINK WE ALL KNOW THAT THERE ARE CERTAIN PEOPLE ON WELFARE, WITH MULTIPLE KIDS, WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO COVER THEIR PART. BUT OBAMA WOULD LOAN THEM THE MONEY TO CHIP IN.
Dear WAMO:

But just whose money would Obama "loan" those who couldn't cover their "fair share"?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Better than you think imagine being able to make that one time payment and be done with taxes.
I would do it.
Dear livespive:

I'd be willing -- and even eager -- to make such a one-time payment, but what percentage of Americans would be ready, willing and able to join us?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
ANyone with more than 75k in their 401k, or bank account.
... but what percentage of Americans DON'T have such finances at their disposal? And don't forget that the $55,00 "share" applies to a 1-day-old baby and nursing home patients with Alzheimer's.

livespive

Then it sounds like they need to tell me my payoff amount cause I'm paying off :)

... but what percentage of Americans DON'T have such finances at their disposal? And don't forget that the $55,00 "share" applies to a 1-day-old baby and nursing home patients with Alzheimer's.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I won't know until they tell me. It would be nice to see what that number would be :)
Dear livespive:

Would you still be willing to pay your personal "fair share" if only 30 percent of Americans are willing to join you? How about 20 percent? Or 10 percent or less?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THAT SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING OBAMA WOULD COME UP WITH. WELL LET ME SEE WHAT THE NUMBER ACTUALLY IS. BUT I MIGHT CHANGE THAT TOO.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
YOU MIGHT DO SOME CHECKING ON THAT. THEY AND ARAB NATIONS ALREADY DO. JUST WANT MY PART SO I CAN PROTECT IT TO THE END. NO NEED TO PREACH TO ME. I AM WILLING TO DO MY PART. YOU NEED A PLAN FOR THE ONES THAT CANT.