Fantastic Tweets

Good Times Good Times

I saw this on twitter.......

"Real Talk: you cant drive your cheap car to watch your cheap TV, in your cheap clothes and complain free trade took away your unskilled job." - @limonpoker

"tech is the reason for this social upheaval. morons think manufacturing has left america. WRONG! were in a BOOM technologically" - @limonpoker

"Considering Trumps precipitous drop in the polls I think a vote for him is a vote for Hillary now. #JohnsonWeld2016" - @limonpoker

I think it's an interesting take. Technology is changing the world we live in.......there just simply isn't the demand for labor as much. I know it's tough for some of you Conservatives (neo-cons in a lot of cases)...........the world IS changing. Are we headed towards a "post-job" society?

Last edited:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
GT IS RIGHT. WITH ALL THE KIDS GRADUATING COLLEGE, HOW MANY JOBS ARE REALLY AVAILABLE FOR THEM. AND AS TECHNOLOGY SURPASES "HANDS ON" SKILLS, COLLEGE WILL BECOME A USELESS PROCESS.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Technology reduces the need for labor but increases the demand for skills to create and maintain the technology.

Good Times Good Times

Technology reduces the need for labor but increases the demand for skills to create and maintain the technology.
This is the discussion I was intending on this thread having. It's something we haven't really discussed much of as a group. It is true technological "advancement" (for lack of a better term) does reduce the demand for labor (especially low skilled labor) but DOES increase demand on the tech skills/development front.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
This is the discussion I was intending on this thread having. It's something we haven't really discussed much of as a group. It is true technological "advancement" (for lack of a better term) does reduce the demand for labor (especially low skilled labor) but DOES increase demand on the tech skills/development front.
Why everyone is pushing for stem education. But stem areas are flooded with graduates in many areas. We still will need labor, but I think it will become more technical

livespive

Yeah, the 10 workers are replaced by 1 robot on the line, but there is still 2 guys needed to work on the robot, and 1 engineer to call the shots.....

I would say that full hands on labor is decreasing, and will continue, as robots can due more and more.....

I forget where I read it, but there is a vending machine that can make a pizza.. Now just think about that if you expanded that a bit.
instead of just a vending machine, you make it big enough so that it makes more that one at a time and your place it in Pizza Hut.
You have now eliminated the need for pizza makers.

Just remember an addition of a robot is not one to one with a human.

Why everyone is pushing for stem education. But stem areas are flooded with graduates in many areas. We still will need labor, but I think it will become more technical

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I think all professions evolve. The problem with assembly line type factories is that the labor force refuses to evolve. Unions have some responsibility there.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Yeah, the 10 workers are replaced by 1 robot on the line, but there is still 2 guys needed to work on the robot, and 1 engineer to call the shots.....

I would say that full hands on labor is decreasing, and will continue, as robots can due more and more.....

I forget where I read it, but there is a vending machine that can make a pizza.. Now just think about that if you expanded that a bit.
instead of just a vending machine, you make it big enough so that it makes more that one at a time and your place it in Pizza Hut.
You have now eliminated the need for pizza makers.

Just remember an addition of a robot is not one to one with a human.
But how many people are employed because that robot was manufactured? From the circuit designers, metal workers, electronics engineers, assemblers, and it even trickles down further than that.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
G, I THINK THE ROBOTIC MANUFACTURE WOULD BE ROBOT BUILT. COLLEGE GRADUATES WILL BECOME OBSOLETE. IF YOU CONTINUE THE FORWARD THINKING, ROBOTS WILL REPAIR ROBOTS, ROBOTS WILL PUSH ANY BUTTON NEEDED TO CONTROL ASSEMBLY LINES AND THE ROBOTS THAT ATTEND TO THOSE. IF YOU CAN BUILD A ROBOT THAT CAN PERFORM AN OPERATION ON A HUMAN BODY, THERE IS NO LIMIT AS TO WHO COULD BUILD ONE FOR WHATEVER SITUATION MAY COME ALONG. THE MORE ROBOTS THAT ARE BUILT, THE LESS "HANDS ON" IS REQUIRED. AND FOR EVERY JOB THAT NEEDS HUMAN ATTENTION, THERE WILL BE SO MANY PEOPLE APPLYNG FOR THOSE JOBS, THOSE COMPANIES CAN PAY PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR FOR WHOMEVER THEY HIRE.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
G, I THINK THE ROBOTIC MANUFACTURE WOULD BE ROBOT BUILT. COLLEGE GRADUATES WILL BECOME OBSOLETE. IF YOU CONTINUE THE FORWARD THINKING, ROBOTS WILL REPAIR ROBOTS, ROBOTS WILL PUSH ANY BUTTON NEEDED TO CONTROL ASSEMBLY LINES AND THE ROBOTS THAT ATTEND TO THOSE. IF YOU CAN BUILD A ROBOT THAT CAN PERFORM AN OPERATION ON A HUMAN BODY, THERE IS NO LIMIT AS TO WHO COULD BUILD ONE FOR WHATEVER SITUATION MAY COME ALONG. THE MORE ROBOTS THAT ARE BUILT, THE LESS "HANDS ON" IS REQUIRED. AND FOR EVERY JOB THAT NEEDS HUMAN ATTENTION, THERE WILL BE SO MANY PEOPLE APPLYNG FOR THOSE JOBS, THOSE COMPANIES CAN PAY PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR FOR WHOMEVER THEY HIRE.
Okay, let's go with that. Who designed and built the robotic machines that built the robots? Who designed the circuitry, built the equipment, components, and formulated the metal, plastic and silicon?

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
BUT THATS WHAT MEAN G. RIGHT NOW, THATS WHAT HAPPENS. BUT EVENTUALLY ROBOTS WILL DESIGN AND BUILD EVERYTHING. AND IN YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS, HOW MANY HUMANS WILL BE NEEDED TO ACCOMPLISH WHAT YOU STATED ABOVE? I THINK VERY FEW. CERTAINLY NOT MILLIONS.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Problem is, the worldwide population is still expanding. People need jobs to support themselves and their families. What will become of the world when the 1% has all robot businesses and pay $0 to human labor? Is the 99% expected to just die? And what if they did? Then all the money the 1% has will be worthless because robots care less about money than the honey badger does. So then what?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Problem is, the worldwide population is still expanding. People need jobs to support themselves and their families. What will become of the world when the 1% has all robot businesses and pay $0 to human labor? Is the 99% expected to just die? And what if they did? Then all the money the 1% has will be worthless because robots care less about money than the honey badger does. So then what?
Until artificial intelligence is completely perfected, this will never happen. Humans are still needed to design whatever machine will build the machine that builds the machine, etc. Plus, someone needs to mine, process and form the components, etc. We will never have a labor free society.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Maybe not, but we definitely are headed to one where there is not enough work available to support all the families that need to provide for themselves.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
BUT THATS WHAT I MEAN G. THERE WILL ONLY BE A FEW JOBS TO ACCOMPLISH THOSE TASKS. AND MILLIONS OF PEOPLE OUT OF WORK BECAUSE OF WHAT THOSE FEW PEOPLE ARE BUILDING TO REPLACE HUMANS WITH. IM NOT SAYING IN OUR LIFETIME, BUT ITS MOVING THAT WAY.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
BUT THATS WHAT I MEAN G. THERE WILL ONLY BE A FEW JOBS TO ACCOMPLISH THOSE TASKS. AND MILLIONS OF PEOPLE OUT OF WORK BECAUSE OF WHAT THOSE FEW PEOPLE ARE BUILDING TO REPLACE HUMANS WITH. IM NOT SAYING IN OUR LIFETIME, BUT ITS MOVING THAT WAY.
I beg to differ. I believe there will be more labor jobs and larger number of manufacturers IF our country gets back on track. The jobs will change, but there will still be positions for people. Whether or not we keep up with the population increase is another topic.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HUMANS: SICK DAYS - VACATION - PREGNANCY LEAVE - LUNCH BREAK - SCHOOL MEETINGS - SICK KIDS - STUCK IN TRAFFIC - PROFIT/401K $$$ - PAY RAISE - UNION STRIKES - DEATH - ON AND ON AND ON

ROBOTS: NONE OF THE ABOVE

BOTTOM LINE: PROFITS - PROFITS - PROFITS

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
HUMANS: SICK DAYS - VACATION - PREGNANCY LEAVE - LUNCH BREAK - SCHOOL MEETINGS - SICK KIDS - STUCK IN TRAFFIC - PROFIT/401K $$$ - PAY RAISE - UNION STRIKES - DEATH - ON AND ON AND ON

ROBOTS: NONE OF THE ABOVE

BOTTOM LINE: PROFITS - PROFITS - PROFITS
I agree with you, there. That's why I'm not in favor of unions.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
But how many people are employed because that robot was manufactured? From the circuit designers, metal workers, electronics engineers, assemblers, and it even trickles down further than that.
Not as many as you would think. Especially if that robot is used in other facilities.