FRYDAY SUCKS!!!!

livespive

Well folks, I’ll only be on here every now and then.......

They eliminated my position along with a lot of others at my parent company.

We are being held by a holding company so I knew stuff would happen......

Oh well, I’ll be checking in every know and then,
I’ll just be busy looking for jobs and not be free to talk.

See you soon,

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
So sorry to hear that, Live. Best of luck to you and hope you find something that suits you!

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Damn, dude... I hate to hear that. Wife's been through it and it sucks. Hope you land something better than you had, and soon!

livespive

Thanks guys, I’ve been looking a little and there are jobs in both of your states, so you never know

Well yes I do, Greg there is no way in hell as the wife is trying to get somewhere warm

I have 12 weeks of severance and 30 days of job services from them so I think I’ll spring back pretty soon.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Somewhere warm? Where's her sense of adventure? We just had 20" of snow over the weekend. Now THAT is adventure!

livespive

That’s what I tell her.

She is pissed that we got the snow that we had in April. She would love to sell the house now and move.

We have been here in Ohio for all of our lives and she is ready to go. This just helps her argument. I tell her I feel like floating down the street on my bed down in Florida
Or fighting fires in California.

Texas or Arizona might work, or over in the Carolinas maybe.

Somewhere warm? Where's her sense of adventure? We just had 20" of snow over the weekend. Now THAT is adventure!

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
Sorry to hear this live, it sucks I know, I have been thru that shit myself.
Southern Virginia is very nice, if you can find something around Richmond. You still get the seasons but winter is a lot shorter than up north.
Good luck in your search.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
That’s what I tell her.

She is pissed that we got the snow that we had in April. She would love to sell the house now and move.

We have been here in Ohio for all of our lives and she is ready to go. This just helps her argument. I tell her I feel like floating down the street on my bed down in Florida
Or fighting fires in California.

Texas or Arizona might work, or over in the Carolinas maybe.
What line of work are you in?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
My advice; Houston has a lot of jobs, but it's a pain in the ass to get around. If you're an outdoors type of person, not a whole lot going for it there. Note; I'm a small town type of guy, I don't really enjoy city life and all the people. So if you're into that, do your research and don't listen to my jaded opinion. lol "Downtown" is pretty spread out - we have 3 different skylines. The couple of times I've been down there, it's not really a park and walk city. Seems we always have to drive to relocate for different activities (dinner, to game, to bar, etc.) I've heard The Heights area is better for this, but I've not been to that area.

If you like the outdoors, look around Austin and the "Hill Country". Only been to Austin once (on bicycle for the MS150), so I can't tell you much about it other than it is supposedly more liberal and artsy-fartsy with a decent music scene. But the natural layout of the land is much better than Houston (IMO) with many more outdoor activities close by - such as lakes, rivers (tubing/floating is big in the area), hiking/biking trails, even an offroad park just northwest of Austin. Oh yeah, and Wine Country. They have hundreds of wineries throughout Hill Country - the most popular "Wine Destination" is in the Fredericksburg area about an hour west of Austin.

Can you tell where I'd be looking if I had it to do over again? :Whistling:

On the other hand, Houston is closer to the beaches. Although if you want better beaches, it's still a 2-3 hour drive down to Corpus Christi on South. Galveston is neat to visit, but the beaches kinda suck, especially when compared to say, Florida beaches. Sand is dirty, not white, and the water is not clean. I wonder if it gets stirred up/muddy from the Mississippi dumping into the gulf over in LA?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
To note: Sugarland is a really nice area on the southwest side. Looking back, if I were moving to the Houston area this is one suburb that has a lot going for it. Constellation field (home of the Sugarland Skeeters Atlantic League Professional Baseball team) is really nice, family friendly, and affordable. They have a new concert hall/entertainment venue I haven't been to yet, but they've had some solid acts booked. A mid-upscale mall (if that matters) and a really nice walkable city center with some good restaurants (Flying Saucer Draught Emporium is my fave).

They have developed and created a nice. community with a variety of entertainment options. Katy has developed too, but it's not gone the same direction nor as nicely executed as Sugarland. Katy is stuck in between the past (rice farming, small town community) and future (high dollar planned residential neighborhoods), and doesn't feel as well planned out. It's not committed to the future and feels like they're trying to hang onto what it used to be before Houston sprawl started gobbling it up. For all the expensive housing (generally $300k and up, with a few mid 200's offered so they can say "Starting from $190's), there really aren't any quality entertainment venues. Seems you have to go into Houston for that. A lot of fast food and chain restaurants (plus a few local carry-overs). Although we do have a water park by the mall (great if you're a kid I suppose), AND the world's longest car wash at Buccees! :Roflmao:

Final word of caution: check property tax rates! While it's true, we don't have state income tx, they gotta get their $ somewhere... ;) :)

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
DANG LIVE! SORRY TO HERE THAT BRO. YOU MAY NOT WANT TO RELOCATE, BUT THINGS ARE BOOMING HERE RIGHT NOW. TO MUCH WORK AND NOT ENOUGH GOOD PEOPLE TO FILL THE SPOTS. IM SURE EE'S ARE IN NEED ALSO. GOOD LUCK DUDE!!!

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
EGGZACLY 9. THATS WHY I MOVED TO MINEOLA. BUT I STILL WORK IN DALLAS. LOTS OF WORK THERE.

livespive

I worked at Wright Patterson Airforce Base, and Ft. Meade/ NSA ( oops I wasn’t supposed to tell you that, now I have to kill you. Lol)

I am trying to stay in Ohio until the wife can claim her pension. I might even bend and relocate to somewhere warm.

We just had a call with job placements services today so we will see what happens. It was part of the severance package.

I live in Huntsville, AL. They are always looking for EEs. Mostly Military/NASA contractors.