Good ole Kentucky

livespive

Sure it's relevant, in both cases you have two people that fail to follow their job and follow the law.
Just like on the ticket there are spaces for pavement condition etc. if he gives you the warning, then he may have a reason for not giving you the tickect.......

Now if he says, I am not giving out tickets because I think this speeding thing is stupid, then that is something else.

LIVESPIVE, BOTH QUESTIONS ARE NOT RELEVANT IN THIS CASE. AS YOU SAID ITS THE LAW, NOT A GREY AREA.

Robadat

Its just like our President only enforcing the laws he likes, and ignoring the laws he feels are unjust or laws he just plainly does not like. Illegal aliens for example, he has said himself that he will not enforce those laws.

The example has been set by our leader, so why should she be any different?
Very good analogy. I really don't have the answer to this situation. Our elected leaders should be adhering to the law of the land, and applying them them evenly and fairly. We all know that our elected officials very often do what they want, regardless of the actual laws in effect.

She and any other public employee should be allowed to adhere to their religious convictions. We have a number of sikh police officers who are permitted to not follow uniform dress codes and are allowed to wear their turbans, rastas who are allowed to keep the dreadlocks, etc.

One thing, it is her signature on the document, she is the one authorizing the wedding that goes against her religious conviction. Perhaps the legislature could pass a law that makes the State the one who issues the license in lieu of the County Clerks. It would then be the State of Kentucky authorizing the license intead of her. She or probably another member of her staff could then issue the license strictly as an agent of the State.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
VERY WELL SAID ROB! :Thumbsup:
LIVESPIVE. AFTER CHECKING MY INS AND RUNNING MY DL, THE ONLY REPLY I GOT WAS, "ITS YOUR LUCKY DAY MR MATLOCK, SLOW IT DOWN". WHAT WAS HIS INTENT?

Robadat

VERY WELL SAID ROB! :Thumbsup:
LIVESPIVE. AFTER CHECKING MY INS AND RUNNING MY DL, THE ONLY REPLY I GOT WAS, "ITS YOUR LUCKY DAY MR MATLOCK, SLOW IT DOWN". WHAT WAS HIS INTENT?
And wisely, Mr. WAMO decided it was in his best interests not to question the officer's intent for not writing him up.;)

Robadat

Kim Davis, Kentucky Clerk, Held in Contempt and Ordered to Jail

A federal judge has ordered a Kentucky clerk to jail for refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.

Kim Davis, a clerk in Rowan County, was found in contempt of court on Thursday morning by Judge David Bunning. Davis has said granting marriage licenses to gay and lesbian couples would "violate God's definition of marriage" and infringe on her personal beliefs as an Apostolic Christian.

Bunning said Davis would be released only when she agreed to follow his order and issue marriage licenses.

Davis was visibly emotional from the stand during the two-hour hearing. She testified that she became a Christian in January 2011 on the day her mother-in-law died.

"God's moral law conflicts with my job duties," Davis told the judge. "You can't be separated from something that's in your heart and in your soul."

But Bunning was unconvinced. "I myself have genuinely held religious beliefs," the judge later said, but "I took an oath."

Davis thanked the judge as she was being led out of the courtroom and turned over to U.S. Marshals.
While I don't agree with the Judge, (locking her up), I do understand his point of view. She does have a job to do, but she shouldn't be forced to do something against her religious convictions, one of her deputies should be allowed to authorize the licenses or if none of them wish to, she should hire one who has no problem doing so.

I do get a kick out of this little tidbit...

White House spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters Thursday afternoon that no public official is above the law.

"Certainly not the president of the United States, but neither is the Rowan County clerk," Earnest said. "That's a principle that is enshrined in our Constitution and in our democracy and it's one that obviously the courts are seeking to uphold."
So says the spokesman for the man who openly flaunts which laws he'll ignore and not enforce.:rolleyes:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
DAMN LIVE, DIDNT EVEN THINK OF THAT. DOH!!!!
JUST CURIOUS. WHAT IF A MAN AND WOMAN THAT WORSHIP THE DEVIL APPLIED IN HER OFFICE? COME ON NOW, IT COULD HAPPEN.
I DO NOT AGREE WITH THE JUDGES RULING AT ALL. IT DOES SAY ALOT ABOUT OUR SOCIETY TODAY THOUGH. WITH HIS RULING, DOES THAT MEAN YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SWEAR ON A BIBLE TO TELL THE TRUTH IN HIS COURT, BECAUSE THE LAW SAYS YOU HAVE TO?

Good Times Good Times

DOES THAT MEAN YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SWEAR ON A BIBLE TO TELL THE TRUTH IN HIS COURT, BECAUSE THE LAW SAYS YOU HAVE TO?
No need to scream, obv.

But, you honestly couldn't be this ignorant, can you? Of course you don't have to swear on the bible in court, you can simply raise your hand in an acknowledgement that you are then being applied to a standard of truth.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THATS JUST FOR THE HEARING IMPAIRED.

SORRY ABOUT THAT GTGT. I GUESS I DONT SPEND AS MUCH TIME IN COURT AS YOU DO. :Notworthy:

livespive

But see, isn't the catch 22 (i think) is that the only time the deputy can assume the role is when she is not there???

Kim Davis, Kentucky Clerk, Held in Contempt and Ordered to Jail

While I don't agree with the Judge, (locking her up), I do understand his point of view. She does have a job to do, but she shouldn't be forced to do something against her religious convictions, one of her deputies should be allowed to authorize the licenses or if none of them wish to, she should hire one who has no problem doing so.

I do get a kick out of this little tidbit...

So says the spokesman for the man who openly flaunts which laws he'll ignore and not enforce.:rolleyes: