Good Times Good Times Need for New Subject Matter

livespive

OK,

Given that GTGT Is looking for some new subjects to talk about, I say we do a little research.
I say each of us give 3(at least 2) hobbies that we have other than the obvious that brought us here.

Then we can take that list and make post that might have a shot at getting some action.

I will start:

Cooking
Music
Weapons (don't know if I should say that with a cop on here ;))
Research (what ever happens to strike my fancy)

Go,

Good Times Good Times

I've played poker since 2003 (the "Moneymaker" effect, I'm a direct byproduct of that). I did it as my sole source of income for 2 years. (2006-2007)

Also, most won't know this, but I've played bass guitar since I was 19. I have one bass (well my entire rig) that would make Greg drool...... :Biggrin:

I've been in 3 bands and I'm working on a project now as a session musician....in the indie rock genre.

livespive

Actually that is kind of funny, did you know that poker player David Williams is presently on Master Chef?

I like poker and blackjack, but don't think I could make a living on it being married.

I've played poker since 2003 (the "Moneymaker" effect, I'm a direct byproduct of that). I did it as my sole source of income for 2 years. (2006-2007)

Also, most won't know this, but I've played bass guitar since I was 19. I have one bass (well my entire rig) that would make Greg drool...... :Biggrin:

I've been in 3 bands and I'm working on a project now as a session musician....in the indie rock genre.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
writing (which should be obvious)
announcing (radio, sports commentary, greyhound racing, PA announcing)
pop music (especially oldies), including attending music concerts
reading
travel

livespive

OK, I might give you that, but it was that hobby that brought them to these sites, and not Family Circle. ;)
Yeah, I don't bowl anymore myself (no time, and injuries). Bad thing about it is moved down where my wife is,
Had to quit, and damned if they didn't open an alley around the block from me. Literally in my subdivision :Mad:.

Well, there are a few members here who don't bowl anymore...:Cautious:
An obvious one might be internet surfing:p

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Well, there are a few members here who don't bowl anymore...:Cautious:
An obvious one might be internet surfing:p
Unfortunately for me, I can't bowl anymore due to multiple foot surgeries almost a decade ago. And of course, I would easily fall into the category of Internet surfing.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Of all of your travels, what would you say are the best (in your opinion) places to visit?
Dear Good Times Good Times:

Among my personal favorites ...

* Las Vegas (regardless of what a person wants -- be it entertainment, good food, good accommodations, gambling, thrill-seeking, luxury, people watching, sex ... you name it -- Las Vegas has it ... although you obviously may need sufficient funds to fully enjoy the experience).

* The scenic West (including national parks, such as the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon in Utah and Yellowstone).

* Multiple locations in my home state of Florida.

* Savannah, Ga., and Charleston, Myrtle Beach and Beaufort, all in South Carolina

* New Orleans (but I haven't been there since Katrina).

[It used to be anywhere there was a bowling tournament ... and I've bowled in tournaments in 28 states.]

[I've been in 45 states -- all but Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Hawaii and Alaska -- and although I've lived 50 years in Florida, in my younger days, I lived in Illinois, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, California, Tennessee (in college), and Wyoming ... and for a time, I was travel editor -- among other jobs -- at the Sarasota Herald-Tribune.]

Good Times Good Times

Dear Good Times Good Times:

Among my personal favorites ...

* Las Vegas (regardless of what a person wants -- be it entertainment, good food, good accommodations, gambling, thrill-seeking, luxury, people watching, sex ... you name it -- Las Vegas has it ... although you obviously may need sufficient funds to fully enjoy the experience).

* The scenic West (including national parks, such as the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon in Utah and Yellowstone).

* Multiple locations in my home state of Florida.

* Savannah, Ga., and Charleston, Myrtle Beach and Beaufort, all in South Carolina

* New Orleans (but I haven't been there since Katrina).

[It used to be anywhere there was a bowling tournament ... and I've bowled in tournaments in 28 states.]

[I've been in 45 states -- all but Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Hawaii and Alaska -- and although I've lived 50 years in Florida, in my younger days, I lived in Illinois, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, California, Tennessee (in college), and Wyoming ... and for a time, I was travel editor -- among other jobs -- at the Sarasota Herald-Tribune.]
I love Vegas too, I'm looking forward to Nationals out there this year. My wife and I originally planned to go see the Grand Canyon this year but life happened (which is GOOD!).

I remember Charleston from when I was very young. I had a cousin stationed in the Navy there. Patriot Pointe was cool.

I was married in Key West. Beautiful place. Captiva Island is nice as well.

Yellowstone was an amazing experience. That place is huge!

REVerse °

Addicted Member
Been to Vegas and Key West. I would like to go back to the Keys...

I play a bit of guitar and enjoy 30's and 40's Swing music and the Big Band sound. Not a fan of modern music. Huge aviation buff and enjoy flying, although I am not a licensed pilot. Howard Hughes was a childhood hero and still is, for that matter. I enjoy reading novels- Tom Clancy, Stephen Coonts and Jack Higgins to name a few. Other hobbies are pistol/tactical shooting, amateur radio (Morse code) and still bowl occasionally.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I enjoy a bit of DXing on the free band between 10 and 11 meters and between 11 and 12 meters.

Still recording a little. Not much anymore.

But my major passion is hotrodding.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I've always loved almost anything car/truck related. Trucks more since I've gotten older. I'm on a few auto forums, for the ones I have or had in my driveway. Never had a classic or antique ride though...

Been getting more into BBQ the last few years.

Enjoy trying new wine, whiskey, or beers.
Have thought about brewing my own beer.

Music. I'm not an all out audiophile, but appreciate high(er) quality sound systems. I say (er) because I don't have the money/connections for the really high end stuff. For me, Harmon makes my ears happy (JBL any Infinity) and doesn't bruise the bank account too badly. I've got a friend whose attitude is "it plays sound, so it's good enough". Uh, no. It isn't.

Always liked billiards and darts, seems I was one of the better players amongst my friends, but never played either "competitively". I'm probably just average and all my friends suck so bad I just look good in comparison. :Roflmao:

bbfreeburn

cooking (though with my diet change my recipe file has shrunk considerably)
Travel - mainly to Ireland,
Theatre - I was once an actor and love to go to Broadway plays
reading - Since moving twice I've reduced my personal library from around 4000 books to about 1200
Playing bridge - I have in the past played professionally, but don't anymore. I don't like the kind of people who are so needful of winning that
they will pay you to play with them.