Holy Shit!

bbfreeburn

AW, as I recall from some of Greg's earlier posting he was, indeed, a member of the band. (in case he doesn't get back to you soon).

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Yeah, the Riot Squad was us. Recorded in our agent's basement on his label. I was not a full member of the band at that time. I was a guest guitarist on the record and a good friend. I didnt become a full member until 68.

I was shocked to see the price. I still have a few of those lying around here somewhere. I rerecorded it just last year and have it on my fb page and my you tube channel.

Last edited:

Good Times Good Times

What was that one tune.........................."dun duh dun duh......sevenpin and Good Times.......and even Rob-a-dat"?

I can't remember precisely, but it was a hit at the time.

livespive

Yeah, I remember you had another post one here about your band.

Yeah, the Riot Squad was us. Recorded in our agent's basement on his label. I was not a full member of the band at that time. I was a guest guitarist on the record and a good friend. I didnt become a full member until 68.

I was shocked to see the price. I still have a few of those lying around here somewhere. I rerecorded it just last year and have it on my fb page and my you tube channel.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
That was my BR tribute!! I'd play it but I'm afraid it would open too many old wounds.
Dear Greg T:

It's up to you, but believe it or not, I would have no objection to you posting the "BR Tribute" (despite how it mentions me) ... as long as you don't start allowing forum posters to level unwarranted personal attacks, and as long as you don't allow a certain banned Michigan poster back into these forums.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear Greg T:

By the way, I'm impressed by the musical quality of The Riot Squad's rendition of "Ferry 'Cross The Mersey."

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
AW, I won't post that audio because I like to think I'm not a hypocrite. That BR song has some bad stuff in it.

Where did you hear the Riot Squad version of Ferry?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
AW, I won't post that audio because I like to think I'm not a hypocrite. That BR song has some bad stuff in it.
Dear Greg T:

The reason why I indicated that I wouldn't object to you posting that audio is that it was an OBVIOUS parody. True, it certainly wasn't "flattering" in the lyrics about me, but I have no objection to humorous material. It doesn't rise to anywhere near the level of absolute lies and innuendos regarding such things as anti-Semitism, family members, racism, job performance and the like.

Thanks for your part in keeping this forum free of such inappropriate things.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Greg T:

The reason why I indicated that I wouldn't object to you posting that audio is that it was an OBVIOUS parody. True, it certainly wasn't "flattering" in the lyrics about me, but I have no objection to humorous material. It doesn't rise to anywhere near the level of absolute lies and innuendos regarding such things as anti-Semitism, family members, racism, job performance and the like.

Thanks for your part in keeping this forum free of such inappropriate things.
Thats not a problem, AW. I made a promise to everyone here and everyone migrating here that I would not let this place turn into the landfill we knew as BR. It would not look well on me if I were to break my own rules. I do appreciate your tolerance towards that song, but I'm not going back on my word.

bbfreeburn

Thats not a problem, AW. I made a promise to everyone here and everyone migrating here that I would not let this place turn into the landfill we knew as BR. It would not look well on me if I were to break my own rules. I do appreciate your tolerance towards that song, but I'm not going back on my word.
Something I've always liked about Greg, despite our obvious differences - he's honest and keeps his word. A long time ago, in a forum far far away I asked who would you choose to be with in a final catastrophe. I chose Greg.