How about them Astros?!!

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Great turnaround by the team! To go into NY and win a big game there... impressive.

Saw a note on the interwebs (so you know it's true! lol ) that said the entire Astros player salaries is around $70 million... Yankees had 3 players on the bench whose combined salary was $67 million. Makes the win all that much sweeter!

JLS

Big Jake...Big Bad Jake...

Sevenpin...Remember the HIT movie..."Back to the Future"...in that movie the Cubs won the world series
in 2015.......how about that...

Good Times Good Times

Though I'm not emotionally or financially invested, I'd like to see the Cubs do something special just so you j/o's here from up north can experience it. :Cool:

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
If the Astros can't do it, I wouldn't mind seeing the Cubs win it. Would be entertaining to see the Cubs Nation collectively lose their minds in celebration!

Would have been better 7 years ago though...

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Great turnaround by the team! To go into NY and win a big game there... impressive.

Saw a note on the interwebs (so you know it's true! lol ) that said the entire Astros player salaries is around $70 million... Yankees had 3 players on the bench whose combined salary was $67 million. Makes the win all that much sweeter!
I always enjoy it when low-salaried teams advance at the expense of ultra-high-salaried teams.

JLS

It's not Bartman we need to worry about...It's Billy the Goat...

Some hard core facts... From 1876 to 1945 the Cubs were the best team in baseball with the most titles...

They came Billy the Goat.......The Cubs went from winners to losers...All because of a goat...and the curse the goat's owner put on PK WRIGLEY....the former owner and idiot that would not let the goat into the park...

Word is that the curse will never be lifted until the goat is let into the park...

The Billy Goat Tavern is a very famous place in Chicago...The famous SNL skit...."cheeze burger, cheeze burger....no pepsi coke" came from there...

If the Cubs win tonight...I hope the new owners will let the goat in Wrigley Field for games 3 and 4...

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HOW ABOUT THE RANGERS! WORST RECORD IN BASEBALL LAST YEAR, WIN THE WEST THIS YEAR. WHO DID THEY TAKE THAT LEAD FROM 9? I CANT REMEMBER. AND HOW ABOUT JEFF BANISTER FOR MOY?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
HOW ABOUT THE RANGERS! WORST RECORD IN BASEBALL LAST YEAR, WIN THE WEST THIS YEAR. WHO DID THEY TAKE THAT LEAD FROM 9? I CANT REMEMBER. AND HOW ABOUT JEFF BANISTER FOR MOY?
I used to like you WAMO... :p

Astros have been the worst, or one of the worst teams in baseball for several years now. Plus, it's a professional HOUSTON sports team... :Frown: we have to take whatever we can get and be happy we got it! :Cool:

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Speaking of Houston sports teams... the torches and pitchforks are starting to come out against the Texans. Often, reading the online comments in the chronicle after another loss is more entertaining than the game!