I find it hilarious, yet

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
sickening at the same time that every time there is a shooting, liberals want to take guns away from the people who DIDN'T do it.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
This was terrorism and they want to disarm us. How are we going to defend ourselves against the aggressors? Throw rocks?

Good grief.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
What I find atrocious is the banter between all the politicians on this. Instead of being supportive and giving a message of hope, it's reactionary and devicive. Change, whatever that might be, should be thought out in a calm, collected manner. Emotions are running way to high to be talking about gun control.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
If guns were never invented, then gun violence would not exist. Even if we were miraculously able to round up and destroy every single gun on earth, the weapon is known. Someone (probably many someones) would simply build their own guns and we'd still have gun violence because, most likely, it wouldn't be honest, law abiding citizens building guns just because they can. It would be bad guys building them with intent to use them. And since law abiding citizens, the military, and police wouldn't have guns either, the bad guys would have a huge advantage and ability to kill with impunity.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
... so if you want to support the anti-gun crowd, support Barack Hussein and/or vote for Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Robadat

sickening at the same time that every time there is a shooting, liberals want to take guns away from the people who DIDN'T do it.
"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

born1

So all of you agree that a person that is on a terrorist watch list and investigated, should be able to purchase guns?

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
So all of you agree that a person that is on a terrorist watch list and investigated, should be able to purchase guns?
I was quite surprised reading he had been investigated several times for terrorist ties, yet seemingly no roadblock to weapons purchase. But... at the same time, an investigation does not equal a conviction of doing any wrong.

So I guess the answer has to be yes, especially since he was a US citizen. Even though I'm conflicted about it. To disallow purchase based on a convictionless inquiry and suspicion can lead us down a slippery slope. How much freedom are we willing to give up for the dream (with no guarantee) of peace?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Born1, this is far from being about the guns. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with guns and that is the precise point of my post. Trump is being crucified for making this incident political when in fact, it was the Bern who first mentioned "gun control, or, lack thereof." The fucking point is that fuck headed muslim cocksucker in the white house bowing to every fucking need and want of the Islamic terrorists, and caring absolutely NOTHING about American lives and safety. This fucking rah headed douchebag was going to kill, one way or another. If he didn't have a gun he'd have used a bomb, or fire, or something. Only douchebags and idiots make this tragedy about guns.

born1

Born1, this is far from being about the guns. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with guns and that is the precise point of my post. Trump is being crucified for making this incident political when in fact, it was the Bern who first mentioned "gun control, or, lack thereof." The fucking point is that fuck headed muslim cocksucker in the white house bowing to every fucking need and want of the Islamic terrorists, and caring absolutely NOTHING about American lives and safety. This fucking rah headed douchebag was going to kill, one way or another. If he didn't have a gun he'd have used a bomb, or fire, or something. Only douchebags and idiots make this tragedy about guns.
Figured you to be the first one to agree. I won that bet.

born1

I was quite surprised reading he had been investigated several times for terrorist ties, yet seemingly no roadblock to weapons purchase. But... at the same time, an investigation does not equal a conviction of doing any wrong.

So I guess the answer has to be yes, especially since he was a US citizen. Even though I'm conflicted about it. To disallow purchase based on a convictionless inquiry and suspicion can lead us down a slippery slope. How much freedom are we willing to give up for the dream (with no guarantee) of peace?
Some woud probably believe I'm against the 2nd amendment, I actually own a few guns. The FBI should've been alerted since he was on the terriost watch list, there is a 3 day waiting period.

Robadat

He was investigated, but apparently the investigations turned up nothing. In hindsight, we would agree that the investigations were a failure. He was also a licensed security guard, that licensing investigation also turned up nothing. Perhaps something is needed to be done in how all these investigations are carried out, they obviously are not weeding these deranged people out.

But is it right that just being investigated is enough to deny a person's rights when the investigation is completed and it turns up nothing? I will say no, once an investigation is complete and the person is cleared of whatever, it should have no further bearing on his future rights.

It would be a whole different thing if the investigation turned up some evidence that the person intends to do harm to others, then by all means, he should not be allowed to purchase guns.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
He was investigated, but apparently the investigations turned up nothing. In hindsight, we would agree that the investigations were a failure. He was also a licensed security guard, that licensing investigation also turned up nothing. Perhaps something is needed to be done in how all these investigations are carried out, they obviously are not weeding these deranged people out.
... but by the same token, Barack Hussein Obama was NOT PROPERLY VETTED before he was elected president.

livespive

I was thinking that as well as there were other places that he was looking. There was the Disney open air shop that he was casing.

... but then again, he MAY have been "scouting" or "casing" the gay bar as part of a long-range plan to carry out the actions that he did.

born1

But is it right that just being investigated is enough to deny a person's rights when the investigation is completed and it turns up nothing? I will say no, once an investigation is complete and the person is cleared of whatever, it should have no further bearing on his future rights.

It would be a whole different thing if the investigation turned up some evidence that the person intends to do harm to others, then by all means, he should not be allowed to purchase guns.
I'm all for protecting our rights ( specially a US born citizen ), unlike someone that wants US born Muslims shipped out of the country. All I'm saying is that he was on the terrorist watch-list and an alarm should've been sounded.

livespive

Yeah, but that alarm was "let's take him off the list"

I'm all for protecting our rights ( specially a US born citizen ), unlike someone that wants US born Muslims shipped out of the country. All I'm saying is that he was on the terrorist watch-list and an alarm should've been sounded.