If Comey 'memo' isn't fake news, fired FBI director faces BIG trouble

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
The lamestream media has gone overboard regarding reports of an alleged memo issued by fired FBI director James Comey, but there can be only two conclusions: (1) IT'S TOTALLY "FAKE NEWS" or (2) COMEY HAS EITHER LIED UNDER OATH or IS PERSONALLY GUILTY OF OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE.

The alleged "memo" supposedly indicates that Donald Trump told Comey to drop the investigation into former national security adviser Mike Flynn, but consider the following ...

* The report and substance of the purported "memo" apparently comes, despite no one at the New York Times having actually seen the memo, and the story comes from anonymous, second-hand sources.

* According to a story published in the
Washington Post in January, the FBI had already cleared Flynn (in December) of any wrongdoing in phone conversations he had with the Russian ambassador after the election. BUT the alleged Trump-Comey conversation that prompted the memo took place on Feb. 14, the day after Trump fired Flynn.

* Comey testified before Congress (on May 3) that the Trump administration had not attempted to interfere with the FBI investigation into whether the Russian government meddled in the November presidential election.

* Senate Judiciary Committee member Mazie Hirono (D-Hawaii) asked Comey, “If the attorney general or senior officials at the Department of Justice opposes a specific investigation, can they halt that FBI investigation?” And Comey replied, “In theory, yes.” Then the senator asked, "Has it happened?” and Comey replied, “Not in my experience ... but I’m talking about a situation where we were told to stop something for a political reason. That would be a very big deal. It’s not happened in my experience.”

* IF it's true that Trump actually did attempt to influence the investigation, COMEY IS GUILTY OF OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE for not reporting the situation to authorities, and failure to do so is a violation of the law -- specifically 18 USC 4 and 28 USC 1361 -- that requires him to immediately inform the Department of Justice of any attempt to obstruct justice by any person, even the President of the United States. Upon proof that Comey violated that law, he would face legal consequences and lose his license to practice law.

So again, is the "memo" FAKE NEWS, or is Comey guilty of lying under oath and/or obstruction of justice?

sevenpin63

Addicted Member
First, anything that comes from the N.Y. Times or the Washington Post is fake news untill proven otherwise, they have been wrong at every turn so many times you can't believe them anymore.
Also I am so sick and tired of these Democrats crying and moaning. Get the fuck over it already you LOST, it has gotten to the point were if I see one them on TV I tune them out, don't want to hear it I AM DONE!!!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Why are these news outlets allowed to lie?
Dear Greg T:

Because they can. There are no legal repercussions when they don't report fairly and accurately, and they can disseminate FAKE NEWS while relying on anonymous sources relaying all-too-often untruths.

I'm undoubtedly a very rare journalist. Unlike virtually all of my peers, I'm a very strong conservative, and I have NEVER, EVER reported any information from an anonymous source. Even if I'm virtually certain something a "source" tells me is true, if I'm unable to quote that source by name, I don't use the item unless I have complete and total verified documentation to support the story.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
First, anything that comes from the N.Y. Times or the Washington Post is fake news untill proven otherwise, they have been wrong at every turn so many times you can't believe them anymore.
Also I am so sick and tired of these Democrats crying and moaning. Get the fuck over it already you LOST, it has gotten to the point were if I see one them on TV I tune them out, don't want to hear it I AM DONE!!!
Dear sevenpin63:

Those newspapers might as well be called
The New York Slimes and The Washington Compost.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Greg T:

Because they can. There are no legal repercussions when they don't report fairly and accurately, and they can disseminate FAKE NEWS while relying on anonymous sources relaying all-too-often untruths.

I'm undoubtedly a very rare journalist. Unlike virtually all of my peers, I'm a very strong conservative, and I have NEVER, EVER reported any information from an anonymous source. Even if I'm virtually certain something a "source" tells me is true, if I'm unable to quote that source by name, I don't use the item unless I have complete and total verified documentation to support the story.
So, they are entirely impervious to libel and defamation laws? No repercussions for blatant lies? Freedom of the press is THAT deep? What if they came out with headlines that read "Russia launches nuclear missiles at U.S. Expected to impact by 6:30 PM EST"?