If he's smart, Speaker Ryan needs to get on the Trump Train -- and soon

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Speaker of the House Paul Ryan needs to reverse course and get on the Trump Train immediately.

Ryan and other GOP House members -- ALL of them up for re-election in November -- are going to need the support of Trump voters to have a chance to return to office.

Ryan and many of those House GOP members had better start realizing that much of Trump's support has come from people who are upset that the HOUSE MEMBERS HAVE FAILED MISERABLY in carrying out campaign promises and buckling under to Barack Hussein Obama's failed policies and rampant overspending.

DITTOS for GOP Senate members as well.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
For me, it doesn't matter. The damage is done. Unless they stood up for Trump, or kept quiet to see how the voters spoke, they are dead to me. Many railed against Trump and went to great effort and expense in an effort to undermine the will of the voters with their antics. They don't deserve to be in office for that reason alone.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
For me, it doesn't matter. The damage is done. Unless they stood up for Trump, or kept quiet to see how the voters spoke, they are dead to me. Many railed against Trump and went to great effort and expense in an effort to undermine the will of the voters with their antics. They don't deserve to be in office for that reason alone.
Dear 9andaWiggle:

I agree with you. For me, too, the damage has been done, and I can't see any scenario that would bring me back to the Republican Party, even though I'm a staunch conservative and could NEVER vote Democrat, either. Only because Trump ran under the GOP banner did I decide to make an exception and vote Republican.

However, regardless of our positions on the matter, Paul Ryan is ABSOLUTELY STUPID to withhold support from Trump because HE, AND ALL OTHER REPUBLICAN HOUSE MEMBERS, NEED THE SUPPORT OF TRUMP VOTERS IN ORDER TO HOLD ON TO THEIR POSITIONS.

JLS

Reps are all fuxxcking idiots...By not supporting Trump...They are handing the White House to Hillary...better
know as Obama the 2nd...

Which is why

we're screwed

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Ryan will evolve and get on board.
Dear Spider:

I also believe that Ryan will "get on board" ... but it will stay in the back of many people's minds that he wasn't on board at the outset. [Then again, politicians change their mind all the time.]

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
As do most thinking people. It's called considered judgement, weighing facts, etc.
Dear bbfreeburn:

True ... but politicians don't always REALLY change their minds. Rather, they say what they feel will get them elected or re-elected at a certain point.

MI2AZ

House Speaker Paul Ryan said Monday that if Donald Trump wants him to step down as a co-chairman of the GOP convention, he will respect his wishes.

"He's the nominee. I'll do whatever he wants with respect to the convention," Ryan said when asked about that scenario in an interview with the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Ryan said he hopes he and Trump can begin to get to know each other when they meet later this week.

"I just want to get to know the guy ... we just don't know each other," said Ryan, who delivered a political bombshell last Thursday when he said he wasn't ready yet to support his party's presumptive nominee.

"I never said never. I just said (not) at this point. I wish I had more time to get to know him before this happened. We just didn't," he said.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Dear bbfreeburn:

True ... but politicians don't always REALLY change their minds. Rather, they say what they feel will get them elected or re-elected at a certain point.
Yeah. Can anyone tell me... is Hillary for putting coal workers out of work, or expanding employment opportunities in that industry? Who is she pandering to this week? This day? This hour?

Robadat

Yeah. Can anyone tell me... is Hillary for putting coal workers out of work, or expanding employment opportunities in that industry? Who is she pandering to this week? This day? This hour?
It's Monday afternoon, she's for shutting down the industry until 6:45 PM, then she will be demanding that the coal plant operators hire more workers.