If this is sandbagging, it may be the best-ever case of it

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
ANY BOWLER CAN BE DISQUALIFIED.
A bowler can be disqualified because of violation of a rule (including failure to declare proper average or tournament winnings or average, if required), but a tournament director can't just disqualify an entrant without cause.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
MEANING, THE TOURNY DIRECTOR COULD FIND NO RULE THAT WAS BROKEN. THEREFOR, GREAT BOWLING SIR!

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
MEANING, THE TOURNY DIRECTOR COULD FIND NO RULE THAT WAS BROKEN. THEREFOR, GREAT BOWLING SIR!
A tournament director CAN, without giving a specific reason, refuse to allow a bowler to enter the tournament ... BUT once competition is completed AND if there is no USBC or tournament rule violation, a tournament director can't legally disqualify a bowler.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
OH, MY BAD. I DID JUST MAKE THE ASSUMPTION YOU WOULD DO THE RIGHT THING. SORRY. MY BAD.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
THANX AW. THAT GOES BACK TO MAY STATEMENT, ANY BOWLER CAN BE DISQUALIFIED. OR ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT THE TOURNY DIRECTOR IS AN IDIOT AND CANT READ!?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
THANX AW. THAT GOES BACK TO MAY STATEMENT, ANY BOWLER CAN BE DISQUALIFIED. OR ARE YOU IMPLYING THAT THE TOURNY DIRECTOR IS AN IDIOT AND CANT READ!?
Dear WAMO:

I have been consistent in my responses on this subject. A bowler can only be disqualified for a rules violation, and as a tournament director, I would only disqualify for a rules violation. But in the scenario at hand (as per earlier posts), I have little doubt that I could prove a rules violation.

On the other hand, you seem to continue to imply that a tournament director can disqualify a bowler AT HIS/HER OWN DISCRETION, whether or not a rules violation has been committed.