Imogen Freelensing

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Have you taken anymore of your awesome pics lately Greg?

If I remember correctly you got a newer camera.
Yeah, I'm running a Canon T5i now but am struggling with lenses. I'm finding the newer Canon lenses are much softer and noisier than past offerings. I have three lenses that came with my kit that, although okay for snapshots around town, are not nearly sharp enough, nor saturated enough for quality use. Unfortunately, a good 24-70 L lens with nice glass is about $2K. Shit is getting expensive so I use my primes at 35mm and 85mm but it's just not the same.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I've been doing micro four thirds since 99. I love mirrorless. I've got 20mm f1.7, 15mm f1.7, and 45mm f1.7 and a couple of kit zoom lenses. I'm not a portrait guy though. Mostly landscapes and city scapes.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I've been doing micro four thirds since 99. I love mirrorless. I've got 20mm f1.7, 15mm f1.7, and 45mm f1.7 and a couple of kit zoom lenses. I'm not a portrait guy though. Mostly landscapes and city scapes.
One of my kit lenses is absolute garbage, while the other is pretty damn clean. Problem is the good one is a 55-300, which is not used that often. I wouldnt mind going full frame but I just cant spend that kinda money.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
One of my kit lenses is absolute garbage, while the other is pretty damn clean. Problem is the good one is a 55-300, which is not used that often. I wouldnt mind going full frame but I just cant spend that kinda money.
FF is just too big. I can put a prime on my camera and throw it in a coat pocket.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
FF is just too big. I can put a prime on my camera and throw it in a coat pocket.
Yeah they are quite large, but I wouldnt have to deal with a 1.6 crop sensor. A 35mm lens on a standard dslr is ljke a 50mm on ff. So ghe crop sensors kunda screw up the lens choices. I cant fit mkne in any kinda pocket anyway.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I've seen tripod and zoom lens kits for cell phones too. Not sure if they're a gimmick or if they're legit, though.