*Interesting

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Right, so why bring him up here?!?!?!???
Dear livespive:

To indicate that if -- as alleged by bbfreeburn -- Rudy Giuliaini's comments are irrelevant on the issue, so are Jesse Jackson's comments on the same issue. [I'm not saying I agree with bbfreeburn, but I feel I'm making a valid comment.]

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear bbfreeburn:

The topic is stop-and-frisk, and Jesse Jackson certainly has spoken frequently on the issue, including recently, in connection with the recent incidents in Charlotte, N.C.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I LIVE IN DALLAS TEXAS. THE PART OF DALLAS I LIVE IN IS FAIRLY QUIET. BUT THERE ARE PARTS OF DALLAS WHERE THERE IS GUNFIRE EVERY DAY AND NIGHT. THERE ARE PEOPLE SHOT AND KILLED EVERY DAY. PLACES WHERE POLICE DONT WANT TO GO BECAUSE THEY CANT STOP AND FRISK. IN THOSE HOODS IF THEY WERE ALLOWED TO STOP AND FRISK, IT WOULD CUT DOWN ON ILLEGAL GUNS AND NO TELLING HOW MANY DEATHS. BUT ALAS...BLEEDING HEART LIBERALS YA KNOW.

livespive

Rudy is the one in the article, I would defend Rudy, instead of throwing in someone else........

Unless you don't agree with Rudy either? ;)

Dear livespive:

To indicate that if -- as alleged by bbfreeburn -- Rudy Giuliaini's comments are irrelevant on the issue, so are Jesse Jackson's comments on the same issue. [I'm not saying I agree with bbfreeburn, but I feel I'm making a valid comment.]

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Stop and frisk may be an effective tool, but I still think it's invasion of privacy and that cops should have to have a reason to check someone. "Looking suspicious" is not enough for me. Here, in Michigan we don't even need to show an I.D. if we don't want to. It may promote attention in the future, but it's at least it's your choice.

Robadat

Stop and frisk may be an effective tool, but I still think it's invasion of privacy and that cops should have to have a reason to check someone. "Looking suspicious" is not enough for me. Here, in Michigan we don't even need to show an I.D. if we don't want to. It may promote attention in the future, but it's at least it's your choice.
The Laws are different in different States. Here in NY, if you are stopped and detained under reasonable suspicion, you are required to give your name, address and an explanation of your conduct to the officer.

Stop and Frisk is an effective police tool, but it is very easy to be abused. PD's really need to step up the training of it's Officers if they intend to use this technique and ensure it's not abused. That was the big problem in NYC, cops made too many stops with no good reason for doing so, and too often the persons that were stopped w/o reason were minorities.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
The Laws are different in different States. Here in NY, if you are stopped and detained under reasonable suspicion, you are required to give your name, address and an explanation of your conduct to the officer.

Stop and Frisk is an effective police tool, but it is very easy to be abused. PD's really need to step up the training of it's Officers if they intend to use this technique and ensure it's not abused. That was the big problem in NYC, cops made too many stops with no good reason for doing so, and too often the persons that were stopped w/o reason were minorities.
I get that. I'm sure if there is reasonable suspicion here in Mich. they would demand I.D. as well. But, our officers cannot just stop someone walking down the street and ask for I.D., or destination, etc.

Robadat

I get that. I'm sure if there is reasonable suspicion here in Mich. they would demand I.D. as well. But, our officers cannot just stop someone walking down the street and ask for I.D., or destination, etc.
That's not what Stop and Frisk is. The cop has to have a reasonable suspicion that a crime is, was, or is about to be committed in order to stop a person. Just walking down the street is not enough to warrant a stop. Now, if that person was walking down the street looking down driveways and/or into the windows of various homes, the cop may suspect he is casing homes to burglerize, that would be a reasonable cause to stop and question him.

livespive

Once again, that is open to interpretation...

If I am wearing my hoodie walking to a friends house looking at the houses because I am looking for his address, doesn't give a cop the right to stop me.

If that's the case you need to put an officer on every street.

That's not what Stop and Frisk is. The cop has to have a reasonable suspicion that a crime is, was, or is about to be committed in order to stop a person. Just walking down the street is not enough to warrant a stop. Now, if that person was walking down the street looking down driveways and/or into the windows of various homes, the cop may suspect he is casing homes to burglerize, that would be a reasonable cause to stop and question him.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AND WE HAVE A WINNER LIVE! INTERPRITATION. COP DOESNT KNOW YOUR LOOKING FOR YOUR FRIENDS HOUSE. HE "INTERPRITES" SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY. HE WOULD NOT KNOW YOUR SITUATION WITHOUT ASKING. THANX FOR THAT.