*Interesting

livespive

Yes, but the assumption is usually negative.

Example, IF they were looking for a suspect they should have to have a print out of the description that way they have their proof that the are looking for that person, and just giving people a hard time.

Rob walks up to me and tells me to stop show me the paper, I comply. If it doesn't match we have a problem.

AND WE HAVE A WINNER LIVE! INTERPRITATION. COP DOESNT KNOW YOUR LOOKING FOR YOUR FRIENDS HOUSE. HE "INTERPRITES" SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY. HE WOULD NOT KNOW YOUR SITUATION WITHOUT ASKING. THANX FOR THAT.

Robadat

Once again, that is open to interpretation...

If I am wearing my hoodie walking to a friends house looking at the houses because I am looking for his address, doesn't give a cop the right to stop me.

If that's the case you need to put an officer on every street.
Actually, it does give the cop the right to stop you and ask what you're doing. Your response that you're looking for a friend's address is a perfectly reasonable explanation for your actions. The next question from the officer might be "What address are you looking for?" He might even point you in the right direction to your friend's house if you've been co-operative during the stop...

Good Times Good Times

Actually, it does give the cop the right to stop you and ask what you're doing. Your response that you're looking for a friend's address is a perfectly reasonable explanation for your actions. The next question from the officer might be "What address are you looking for?" He might even point you in the right direction to your friend's house if you've been co-operative during the stop...
live takes exception to the fact he's done nothing wrong and now has to deal with a situation he didn't ask for (and has done nothing wrong) and cannot freely leave w/o search. He can't NOT participate in this discussion/situation. He probably takes even more exception when the police come up all aggressive.

Last edited:

livespive

Right, and I think that's what everyone is saying is an invasion of privacy....

We might as well be in a country where the authorities are tell you to show your papers.... That's what coming next.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
MY POINT THERE WOULD BE, WHAT IF ROB JUST GOT A CALL ON THE RADIO THAT SOMEONE JUST ROBBED THE CORNER STORE AND WAS ARMED. HE DOESNT HAVE A DRAWING AND HELL YEAH HE IS GOING TO BE AGGRESSIVE. JUST LISTEN TO WHAT HE HAS TO SAY, THEN HE WILL HELP YOU FIND YOUR FRIENDS HOUSE. I DONT SEE THE PROBLEM.

bbfreeburn

Dear bbfreeburn:

The topic is stop-and-frisk, and Jesse Jackson certainly has spoken frequently on the issue, including recently, in connection with the recent incidents in Charlotte, N.C.
Thanks for the info. I just (luckily) haven't hear JJ shot off his mouth in a very long time. I thought he had retired from public stupidity.