Internet Trolls Are Winning

REVerse °

Addicted Member
I'm missing the old days when there wasn't an internet. Back when the local library was the place to do research. Music was on vinyl with cool album art, cassettes, and 8-track.

I sure miss Farrah Fawcett, too. I made love to her at least 200 times and she never knew it.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
The only people being harassed and bullied are the pussies who allow it. I don't mean to sound harsh, but fuck me Emma, if these people would stand up for themselves instead of whining and killing themselves we would have a fraction of the trolls.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
The only people being harassed and bullied are the pussies who allow it. I don't mean to sound harsh, but fuck me Emma, if these people would stand up for themselves instead of whining and killing themselves we would have a fraction of the trolls.
Funny, that's not your tone when I'm taking your lunch money on the playground... :cool:

:p:Biggrin::Roflmao:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Some of the words in the article are remindful of some now-defunct Internet bowling forums ...

* Over time ... that openness has enabled the harassment of people for their views, experiences, appearances or demographic backgrounds.

* Balancing free expression with privacy and the protection of participants has always been a challenge for open-content platforms on the Internet. But that balancing act is getting harder. The trolls are winning.

* (Many) online users have experienced bullying, harassment and intimidation ... We focused on the huge opportunity for positive interaction and information sharing. We did not understand how people could use it to harm others ... or that the users who were the biggest bullies would be rewarded with attention for their behavior.

MI2AZ

Besides the aggressive in-your-face trolls, there are many more types. Some are very subtle.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I wasn't on those boards much at all. Peeked in a time or two, but never hung out there. For some reason, they didn't appeal to me.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I wasn't on those boards much at all. Peeked in a time or two, but never hung out there. For some reason, they didn't appeal to me.
Dear 9andaWiggle:

You did say (and I quote) ... I just reviewed the 18 types one. Most were well represented on BR!

Based on your above-quoted post, that indicates that even though you didn't "hang out" on BR too often, you nevertheless came to the conclusion that most of those 18 types of trolls were well-represented in that forum. And as a frequent participant in that forum, my "expert" opinion is that your conclusion is right on the mark.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I was on BR a lot. It was pba.com and bowl.com that I wasn't on much.
Dear 9andaWiggle:

I should have known that. You were, indeed, on BR quite a bit, but I don't recall you much on the other boards. Now that I go back and look at your post, you did say "those boards" (in apparent reference to bowl.com and pbaforum.com).