Investigation into Biden's $500,000 promotion of atheism ramps up

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
House Republicans are growing increasingly frustrated with what they describe as the State Department’s attempts to impede their investigation into the decision to greenlight $500,000 for a program promoting atheism overseas.

Rep. Michael McCaul, who chairs the House Foreign Affairs Committee, is now mulling his next steps, which could include legislation, subpoenas, or other oversight options aimed at forcing the State Department to comply with the probe’s requests for information, according to panel staff. McCaul and several other House Republicans are demanding more information about the 2021 State Department atheism grant and how the funds are being used.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
More money that will be channeled back into Biden's pocket. But also, I would like to know how one would "promote" atheism. Atheism is not an entity. Being a lifelong atheist, I do not consider myself a member of a group, club, association, society, union, gang, or any other word that would describe an affiliation of some sort. How do you support that which is not there? One could argue the evidence to disprove a religion. One could argue the evidence to prove the existence of a deity. I just can't figure out how to promote the disbelief. HHHHMMMMM.......

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
More money that will be channeled back into Biden's pocket. But also, I would like to know how one would "promote" atheism. Atheism is not an entity. Being a lifelong atheist, I do not consider myself a member of a group, club, association, society, union, gang, or any other word that would describe an affiliation of some sort. How do you support that which is not there? One could argue the evidence to disprove a religion. One could argue the evidence to prove the existence of a deity. I just can't figure out how to promote the disbelief. HHHHMMMMM.......
Dear Rev. Tolman:

Your comments make sense, and of course I respect your expert opinion.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Rev. Tolman:

Your comments make sense, and of course I respect your expert opinion.
I'm not certain that I explained myself properly, but it's nearly impossible to describe what atheism isn't. LOL.. It's just that, unlike religion where one gathers to pray, discuss their deity and all the wonders that go with the "membership", we atheists have nothing. It's the same way you would feel about the Easter Bunny or Santa.

Scolai

I've been an atheist for quite a while. I wish the government would just randomly channel money into my bank account...

As Greg inferred: ask 100 atheists what atheism is, and you'll get 200 answers.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I've been an atheist for quite a while. I wish the government would just randomly channel money into my bank account...

As Greg inferred: ask 100 atheists what atheism is, and you'll get 200 answers.
Exactly, because in a way, you must define what atheism is NOT.