Is Trump Breaking With GOP And NRA On Gun Control?

MI2AZ

Someone check Hell for ice cubes because it appears Donald Trump has broken with the GOP to side with Hillary Clinton and the Democrats. The Atlantic reports Trump is seeking to meet with the NRA about keeping people on terror watch lists from buying guns. “If Con Man Don can convince the NRA to move forward on this, God bless him,” one Democratic lawmaker from New York says. And while the situation shows Trump's willingness to break with the larger GOP, it also—as NPR argues—shows Trump lacks a deeper understanding of many issues. While Democrats want a ban on gun purchases for anyone on terror watch lists, the NRA and most Republicans only want 72-hour delay on such purchases. It's unclear Trump understands the distinction.

livespive

I don't think so....

Anything that he is talking to the NRA about will have to do with Muslims. For the most part Muslim's are on the no fly list.
This is what he wants to accomplish.

Just what I think.

My only thing is people that are put on by accident, or people that are taken off. You can't punish them because you had a feeling that turned out to be wrong. Yes they were looking at this guy, and took him off, and yes he did something. The real question is how many that were on no fly list or watch list that went on to buy a gun actually did something with it????

Robadat

I wouldn't get upset about this until after they have the meeting. Maybe Trump just wants to hear directly from the NRA what their stance is and why they hold that position.

Anyway, as it stands, the Terror Watch Lists are a joke. There are literally thousands of people on it that shouldn't be and no real way to get removed once they're on it. I wouldn't back any measure preventing the rights of people on those lists until they get it right. Put people on the list for credible reasons and if a investigation into the facts turns out the info was wrong about the person, then take them off. A person shouldn't have to hire an attorney and sue the Government because the Government fucked up and didn't get their facts straight. If they can get that right, then I'd have zero problem with them preventing persons on it from legally buying firearms.