Isn't it great in the Sunshine State?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Our "coldest" weather of the season is upcoming here on the west coast of Florida, but don't feel sorry for area residents weather-wise.

During the entire autumn season, we've had only two high temperatures under 80 and two low temperatures under 60, and that is expected to continue for another week.

However, the 10-day forecast calls for the following highs-lows for Friday (Dec. 18) 78/58, Dec. 19 71/55, Dec. 20 74/59 ... and on the first day of winter (Dec. 21) 78/62. Then, we'll be back to the 80s-60s routine. Needless to say, nothing close to cold, snow, sleet or ice.

Take a look at the 10-day forecast ... http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/34238:4:US ... and you'll know why I say ... ISN'T IT GREAT IN THE SUNSHINE STATE?

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Grew up in Jacksonville. Still visit often. I remember my folks complaining when it got south of freezing how cold it was. Like really.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Grew up in Jacksonville. Still visit often. I remember my folks complaining when it got south of freezing how cold it was. Like really.
... but here in Sarasota, I can't remember the last time it got down as low as 32 degrees, and I've lived here 49 years.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
We'll get below freezing a couple of times over the winter, but so far I haven't seen it that cold for any more than a few hours. And no snow! I will say, the humidity here does makes it feel at least 10 degrees colder when it dips below 50.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
We'll get below freezing a couple of times over the winter, but so far I haven't seen it that cold for any more than a few hours. And no snow! I will say, the humidity here does makes it feel at least 10 degrees colder when it dips below 50.
Dear 9andaWiggle:

True enough. On those not-too-frequent occasions when it does drop below 50 degrees here, it certainly does feel at least 10 degrees colder because of the high humidity.