Jesus Christ

bbfreeburn

I’m not watching any particular news channel now, just checking in every hour or so. But Jesus Christ all they do is rehash the same shit. You migh think that they would give their talking heads a break and go off air now and again.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Friend of mine gave up any and all news (tv and online) for a year and a half... he said it was the best 18 months of his life.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Dear Djarum300:

On the other hand ...

Satan is laughing big-time at the DIVIDED States of America!
I keep seeing all these posts on twitter about how Trump is so polarizing.

Yet he's not the one telling black people they aren't black.

Hes not telling Americans how stupid they are for voting Trump.

He's not the one saying that a man is a woman and you must accept it.

Steven crowder made an excellent point. Biden attacked Trump voters. Trump never attacked biden voters.

He was even sympathetic to the people wanting to tear down statues.

Crowder has shown that many are sheep and can't make decisions because not all the information is provided.

People deserve the government they vote for.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Dear Djarum300:

On the other hand ...

Satan is laughing big-time at the DIVIDED States of America!
I don't believe any mythical satan has anything to do with it. Human beings are horrible, we are not angelic reproductions of some moral higher being. Homo Sapiens are self serving, hateful, murderous creatures - this has been proven again and again throughout history. The human being, like a pit bull, is only capable of being civilized and peaceful until it isn't.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I don't believe any mythical satan has anything to do with it. Human beings are horrible, we are not angelic reproductions of some moral higher being. Homo Sapiens are self serving, hateful, murderous creatures - this has been proven again and again throughout history. The human being, like a pit bull, is only capable of being civilized and peaceful until it isn't.
Dear 9andaaWiggle:

Thanks for sharing your opinion. In my opinion, I see no potential for America EVER being "united" again? Do you see a future time in which Americans will become less "divided" or a time in which Democrats and Republicans will ACTUALLY work across the aisle?

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Michelle Obama
"Let’s remember that tens of millions of people voted for the status quo, even when it meant supporting lies, hate, chaos, and division. "

How is Trump and not biden status quo? What the flying fuck? He's been in office forever.

And saying Trump voters supported lies and division? That sure gets people united.

Yeah, the Democrats really want to unite...

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Michelle Obama
"Let’s remember that tens of millions of people voted for the status quo, even when it meant supporting lies, hate, chaos, and division. "

How is Trump and not biden status quo? What the flying fuck? He's been in office forever.

And saying Trump voters supported lies and division? That sure gets people united.

Yeah, the Democrats really want to unite...
... and that affirms my contention that this country will NEVER get back together, and that it will henceforth always be The DIVIDED States of America!

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Dear 9andaaWiggle:

Thanks for sharing your opinion. In my opinion, I see no potential for America EVER being "united" again? Do you see a future time in which Americans will become less "divided" or a time in which Democrats and Republicans will ACTUALLY work across the aisle?
Humans are a tribal animal. We are intelligent enough to be sociable with other groups outside our own in the short term, or when survival demands it, but long term our natural instincts reveal themselves and we fight to ensure the wants and needs of our own tribe are satisfied rather than acquiesce to the wants and needs of other tribes. It is what we are.

So short answer, I guess, would be no.

The blue and red tribes hate each others' guts and will never compromise with each other again. We are headed towards a bloody war between the two. Who emerges victorious I'm afraid will not matter, as our enemies will revel in our self destruction and act on the opportunity to either attack us in our weakened state, or negate any and all influence we once had on the worldwide stage. The American Dream is over. I'm just hoping things can remain civil enough for me to live out my next 30-35 years somewhat peacefully before it totally goes to hell and collapses.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Humans are a tribal animal. We are intelligent enough to be sociable with other groups outside our own in the short term, or when survival demands it, but long term our natural instincts reveal themselves and we fight to ensure the wants and needs of our own tribe are satisfied rather than acquiesce to the wants and needs of other tribes. It is what we are.

So short answer, I guess, would be no.

The blue and red tribes hate each others' guts and will never compromise with each other again. We are headed towards a bloody war between the two. Who emerges victorious I'm afraid will not matter, as our enemies will revel in our self destruction and act on the opportunity to either attack us in our weakened state, or negate any and all influence we once had on the worldwide stage. The American Dream is over. I'm just hoping things can remain civil enough for me to live out my next 30-35 years somewhat peacefully before it totally goes to hell and collapses.
And it appears such a geographic thing. Cities and the coast blue suburbs and rural areas red.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
And it appears such a geographic thing. Cities and the coast blue suburbs and rural areas red.
Two distinctly different ways of life (city vs rural). Two distinctly different needs of the tribes. No wonder there is division. Neither understands the other way of life, and neither is willing to concede that what works where they live may not work where others live. Such arrogance to think there is only one acceptable way to live and one "right" way to do things...

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Two distinctly different ways of life (city vs rural). Two distinctly different needs of the tribes. No wonder there is division. Neither understands the other way of life, and neither is willing to concede that what works where they live may not work where others live. Such arrogance to think there is only one acceptable way to live and one "right" way to do things...
The difference is, most rural people want to be left alone. The city people want to take the rural people's trucks so they can have mass transit. It's about who's attacking who on their way of life.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
And that's where I talk about arrogance and not being willing to understand the differences. A town of 2500 people cannot afford to sustain the cost of "mass transit" for the 10 people who might actually use it. But on the flip-side, in a city of 2.5 million, cars are a pain in the ass - there's simply not enough space to accommodate everyone having a car downtown. Completely opposite needs, but everyone thinks "their way" is the "right way" for everyone regardless. Until blue and red can acknowledge their different needs (while recognizing one way of life isn't better/worse than the other - just different) and the need for each to live by slightly different standards/rules in many areas, this country will fail. Hard.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
And that's where I talk about arrogance and not being willing to understand the differences. A town of 2500 people cannot afford to sustain the cost of "mass transit" for the 10 people who might actually use it. But on the flip-side, in a city of 2.5 million, cars are a pain in the ass - there's simply not enough space to accommodate everyone having a car downtown. Completely opposite needs, but everyone thinks "their way" is the "right way" for everyone regardless. Until blue and red can acknowledge their different needs (while recognizing one way of life isn't better/worse than the other - just different) and the need for each to live by slightly different standards/rules in many areas, this country will fail. Hard.
But rural America isn't stopping mass transit. The city folks want to enviro regulate so that rural America can't have the trucks they want or need.

That's the difference. Rural America understands what cities need. Big city folk (or california) doesn't have a clue that people make their livelyhood on trucks.

This is just one example. I see far more moderates on the right who want to be just left alone but lefties want to *control* everyone. This was apparent in the 2016 elections.

You live in Texas. Should federal mandates that work fine in some areas be mandated to Texans?

The irony here is that they all called Trump a fascist.

I fundamentally see the left getting away from "liberalism". No longer free speech. Freedom to associate. Freedom to do what's best for themselves. They will tell freedom of women's choice but God forbid the average Joe have their own choices on healthcare.

Last edited:

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Texas sees the division within itself. I'm on the west side of Harris County (I think, one of if not the largest county in the US both by land mass and population), obviously "controlled" by the libbies. I drive 10 miles west and it's "Trump Country". There are similar pockets around Austin and Dallas, maybe San Antonio... the differences in even Covid mandates are obvious. Masks and social distancing everywhere here, 10 miles away and nobody gives a shit. Difference is, here in Texas even the city folk drive trucks! lol