Kidney stone issues.

els3

Well, I went back to the hospital yesterday for the second try to remove the large (and very hard) kidney stone that has given me so much trouble. They used an upgraded laser to try to crumble it this time. After an hour an a half or so and using three different scopes, they decided to call in another eurologist because he had access to yet another scope to use in conjuntion with the upgraded laser. After about three hours of being under I was woken up as they were taking me to a hospital room. At this point they hadn't told me anything yet. I was asking if they got the stone and no one would answer, so I was getting rather worried. Finally someone came in and told me that they got the stone to crumble and they had to put another stint in place because they thought they may have nicked the ureter where the stone was lodged. I had a very difficult time waking up after being under for almost three hours, was suppose to have been an hour or so. Today I feel like someone has beat me with a baseball bat, legs torso and neck are very sore. I have to go back in a month to get the stint taken out and then I get to address the other stones that are in my kidneys.
I will say that one thing has changed drastically. I use to drink lots of diet coke and I mean a lot. I have been limited myself to less than one a day for the last couple of months. Other than an occasional headache from cutting out caffeine, I really do feel like this is a very positive change for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
GOOD LUCK E. SOUNDS KINDA PAINFULL. HOPE EVERYTHING COMES OUT ALLRIGHT.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN T-NONK BOWL. NOW THATS PAINFUL!

els3

WAMO MATLOCK said:
OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN T-NONK BOWL. NOW THATS PAINFUL!​

That is pretty funn right there...

WAMO MATLOCK said:
OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN T-NONK BOWL. NOW THATS PAINFUL!

I've done both and I think it might be a toss up

Hi Ernie,

First I would like to say how sorry I am to see you having to deal with Kidney stone problems. My prayers are with you. About 30 years ago I went to the hospital in pain, and they thought that I might have a kidney stone. They pumped me with IV dye to try to locate it but it was without any luck as they could not find it. However, the pain stopped while at the hospital so I was released and told that it must have passed though the ureter. I never found it by way of the screener that gave me. I did however find out that day, that I was alergic to IV dye, as I broke out with a rash. I was drinking alot of powder Ice Tea at that time, so I stopped drinking it, and never had Kidney Stones again until 2006. In 2006, I had Kidney Stones 3 times, with the last time requiring a lipotrpsy being done. I believe possibly drinking 2 or 3 carbonated soft drinks a day may have contributed to the Kidney Stones. At that time I did some internet searching and ran across a supplement that I have been taking every since, that has worked very good for me. I have had Kidney Stones twice since 2006 even taking this supplement that I passed at home, but I contribute me getting them to my neglect, because I started drinking to many carbonated soft drinks, and not keeping myself hydrated by drinking a lot of water. Carbonated soft drinks tend to dehydrate the body, that is why drinking plenty of water is suggested to help reduce in the creation of Kidney stones.

The supplement I have been on since 2006 is called "Stone Free". I take 2 tablets twice a day with a meal, drinking a glass of water with those 2 meals.

Hear is a link to the company website where they have a list of retailers that sell it at 40% or so off the website suggested retail price, and a link to one of their retail sellers.

http://www.planetaryherbals.com/products/GP1550/

http://www.vitacost.com/planetary-herbals-stone-free

P.S. I usually buy plenty of bottles at one time, because it is not always easy to get it in stock, and also you can get free shipping by doing that too.

Wamo, can you believe T-Nonk called us Thugs when we only told the truth
?

David - T-nonk Hargrave
Having trouble posting reply to topics from my iPad .., need help.... I can't let those thugs get away with posting untruths about how painful it is to watch me throw the rock :arg:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HEY DN. T CALLING ME A THUG IS AN UPGRADE. HE MUST HAVE BEEN IN A KIND GENEROUS MOOD THAT DAY.

els3

Went back to the hospital today to have the stint removed. All reports are good. Now on to treating the stones that are in the kidney now. Lithotripsy (sp?) scheduled for one of the kidneys next Tuesday and the other later in the month.

Ernie Simmons said:
Went back to the hospital today to have the stint removed. All reports are good. Now on to treating the stones that are in the kidney now. Lithotripsy (sp?) scheduled for one of the kidneys next Tuesday and the other later in the month.

Good luck with the two Lithotripsys. I hope my post above will help you in the future, so you do not get the same type of growth of kidney stones that you now have. Did you read my post above?​

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
GOOD LUCK E. SOUNDS LIKE THINGS ARE GOING YOUR WAY.

els3

Thanks for the well wishes guys. Feeling much better after the stint removal.
Yes Kenny, I read your post. My brother-in-law took a similar substance as you take, it helped him for several years then all of the sudden he started having stone issues again.

Ernie Simmons said:
Thanks for the well wishes guys. Feeling much better after the stint removal.
Yes Kenny, I read your post. My brother-in-law took a similar substance as you take, it helped him for several years then all of the sudden he started having stone issues again.​
First Ernie, I am glad you feeling much better. I too had Kidney Stones come back twice since 2006 even taking this supplement which I passed at home because of being small. However, I contribute that to my neglect, because I started drinking to many carbonated soft drinks, and not keeping myself hydrated by drinking a lot of water. I can tell you FLAT OUT that with out without a supplement drinking plenty of water is the key to passing small kidney stones before they ever get large enough to create problems. Carbonated soft drinks dehydrate the body. That is why drinking plenty of water is suggested to help reduce in the creation of Kidney stones. Also when consuming dairy products which tend to create Kidney Stones, can be countered by drinking a glass of water afterwards. Hope this helps.

P.S. I don't know about the similar substance your brother-in-law took to the Stone Free I take, but I can tell you I will be taking it the rest of my life becuse I know it has helped me.

els3

Wow, what a strange scary week this has been. Went in on Wednesday for my lithotripsi. Was sent home after a "successful procedure". Was a little sore, but overall felt decent. After being at home for about an hour or so I began getting nautious and having a lot of pain. Figured it was just the aftermath and either had a stone fragment or blood clot causing problems. After about 30 minutes of throwing up and not getting any feeling of the meds being able to slow it down I decided to go to the ER.
After treating me for a couple of hours or so, they told me they had done pretty much everything they could for me and thought they would send me home. At this point I told them that I did not feel like I could go home as I wasn't getting any relief from the pain or nausea. They decided to keep me and after another few hours I had began to feel a little better. During the night I had to void, the nurse came in to help me to the facilities. As I stood up, I felt wobbly and grabbed for the hospital bed table. I remember saying to the nurse that probably wasn't good to grab a hold of for support since it has wheels. The next thing I remember is the medical staff trying to talk to me. I saw myself blacking out and was very scared. I found out later that I was very lucky. The nurse told me that I went down on top of my legs when I went down, this gave her a chance to help keep me from injuring myself. I got to see her later and thank her, she is a very strong girl, as I am a big boy and she was able to prevent a bad situation becoming much worse.
They finally got me into the bed after some major struggles. They decided that it would be best to take me to the ICU, mainly due to the added monitoring available there that would help them figure out why I passed out. The next morning the doctor came by to visit as I was getting up to go to the restroom and noticed a episode of me getting very unresponsive while setting on the portable pot. He decided that I needed to have some blood and a ct scan to help figure out what was wrong. During the scan they found that I was bleeding in the kidney (a side-effect of lithotripsi that I had not heard of) and the blood was moving through the cavity to the right side kidney. That explained why some of the pain was on the right when the lithotripsi was on the left.
That was sometime Thursday. They gave me 2 units of blood between then and Friday night when they moved me to a regular room. Saturday morning I woke up, not really a good phrase since I didn't sleep much. The doctor told me that I needed another unit of blood and if they brought the blood count to a specific level they would let me go home. After that first unit, they told me I needed one more to get to where I needed to be. They finally sent me home at about 4:30pm Saturday. Haven't really felt like doing much, but have been getting slightly better each day. I went to work for a few hours today and over did it as most do, spending 4 hours there. Came home very week and slept for several hours. I think I will take it very easy the rest of the week.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
COME ON E. SOUNDS LIKE THEY HAVE THINGS WORKED OUT. I HOPE IT GOES WELL THE REST OF THE WAY.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I DONT KNOW G. WE USED TO HAVE THREADS LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME. THERE WERE ALOT OF GOOD FOLKS HANGING OUT IN HERE.