Man Accidentally Shoots Self In Theater, Audience Freaks Out

bbfreeburn

'A state law recently went into effect allowing gun owners to conceal and carry without training or a permit, KWCH pointed out."

Just brilliant. We really need a bunch of dummies with guns and no idea how, or when, to use them.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
'A state law recently went into effect allowing gun owners to conceal and carry without training or a permit, KWCH pointed out."

Just brilliant. We really need a bunch of dummies with guns and no idea how, or when, to use them.

So, what is actually going to change?

bbfreeburn

Greg, I'm not sure what your comment means, but do you remember a short while ago when someone discharged a weapon because they didn't know how to clear it? As JLS might say, it was in all the papers. Now this damn fool. Don't you think it might be a reasonable idea that gun owners should have a bit of training on how to handle their weapon? Yes, this isn't going to affect illegal/thug gun use but it just might stop accidental shootings like the one I mentioned and the one in the OP. Personally I think that's a good thing.

BTW, here's what you said in another thread, "And if not, an ill educated person should not be doling out ammo for a re-enactment." Don't you think that also applies to gun owners?

Last edited:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Greg, I'm not sure what your comment means, but do you remember a short while ago when someone discharged a weapon because they didn't know how to clear it? As JLS might say, it was in all the papers. Now this damn fool. Don't you think it might be a reasonable idea that gun owners should have a bit of training on how to handle their weapon? Yes, this isn't going to affect illegal/thug gun use but it just might stop accidental shootings like the one I mentioned and the one in the OP. Personally I think that's a good thing.
Personally, I believe every public school should have a firearm safety course that would be mandatory. Sure, there would be a great deal of opposition from those who know nothing of guns and are afraid of them, but that is precisely WHY the best form of prevention is education. If every child was educated in the proper use and handling of a firearm, and taught to RESPECT the capabilities of the weapon, I am betting we could reduce gun accidents by 80% or more. My statement in my last post was sarcasm. Some states, like Wisconsin, only require a hunter's safety course and 50 bux to obtain a CPL. Michigan requires 8 hours of classroom plus 4 hours of range time including mock situations to determine if you know when or when NOT to pull a weapon. I'm all for the second amendment and I think we have WAY too many laws and regulations now, but there would be much less need for all these laws if everyone knew how to handle a firearm and respected it's capabilities.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Schools won't even teach sex ed. Our school chose to just preach abstinance and biology. No real info to help anyone make an informed decision about what was going to happen in the back seat of a Camaro on Saturday night.

Therefore, I don't expect any gun safety classes in the future either. Even if they did, it would be a joke. Just like sex ed, the mantra would be "Guns are evil, don't touch them". Nothing of useful substance would be included.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Schools won't even teach sex ed. Our school chose to just preach abstinance and biology. No real info to help anyone make an informed decision about what was going to happen in the back seat of a Camaro on Saturday night.

Therefore, I don't expect any gun safety classes in the future either. Even if they did, it would be a joke. Just like sex ed, the mantra would be "Guns are evil, don't touch them". Nothing of useful substance would be included.

You're right. Not as long as the public school system is controlled by the liberal board of educators.