Man Taking Selfie With Gun Kills Himself Accidentally

MI2AZ

Thought gun was unloaded.

A day spent posing for selfies with his girlfriend and a gun turned out to be fatal for a man in Washington state. The Skagit Valley Herald reports the unnamed man accidentally shot himself in the face Sunday while taking a photo. The girlfriend of the 43-year-old from Concrete says they had been snapping photos with the gun throughout the day; her beau reportedly removed the bullets before posing, then returned them to the gun between photos, per the Skagit County Sheriff's Office chief of patrol.

The man apparently thought the gun was unloaded during his last picture, but there was one bullet in the chamber, causing what police are so far calling his accidental death.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
He got what was coming to him. Now, that may sound harsh, but EVERY gun owner should know that you treat EVERY firearm as if it were loaded. ALWAYS. The questions here are simple. Why did he have his finger on the trigger, and why did he pull it? Apparently, he has no idea how to clear a weapon, either. I have no sympathy for idiots.

livespive

Nope, I agree, HE should not have even been taking a picture with it.

He got what was coming to him. Now, that may sound harsh, but EVERY gun owner should know that you treat EVERY firearm as if it were loaded. ALWAYS. The questions here are simple. Why did he have his finger on the trigger, and why did he pull it? Apparently, he has no idea how to clear a weapon, either. I have no sympathy for idiots.

Robadat

Basic Firearms Safety
Rule #1 - Always treat every firearm as if it were loaded.
Rule #2 - Always treat every firearm as if it were loaded until you have visually and physically confirmed that the weapon is in fact, cleared. If any doubt, see Rule #1.
Rule #3 - Never point any firearm at anything you do not wish to shoot.
Rule #4 - Never place your finger on the trigger until you have made the conscious decision to fire the weapon.

It's hard to feel sorry for someone who acted so stupidly. Nope, honestly tried, can't feel sorry for this fool...

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I GUESS ITS GOOD NEWS THAT HIS GIRLFRIEND FOUND OUT HOW STUPID HE WAS BEFORE THEY GOT MARRIED.