Mini-editorial: Democrats don't really want a DACA solution

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Regardless of what they claim publicly, the Democrats don't really want a solution to the DACA problem.

Instead of a DACA fix, the Democrats want chaos and turmoil. They have determined that meaningful reform would be a win for President Trump and the country, and they don't want that because they want to run on the issue in November.

If the Democrats were to cooperate with Trump and the GOP and pass meaningful reform -- which would include a DACA fix, southern border security, the end of chain migration and the immigrant lottery system -- such resolution would give Trump and the Republicans a victory.

The Democrats don't want to help the country. Rather, they want to take power back in November, and then impeach Trump in January. It's wishful thinking to believe that Charles Schumer and Nancy Pelosi wish the country well, and that they'll seriously work to solve the immigration problem.

The Democrats are looking for things that they can use against Trump. They want chaos, and fake-news journalists in the lamestream media are willing to promote a sense of chaos every day on radio and television.

Bottom line: The Democrats will never take steps to solve the immigration problem because they benefit from it.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
If I recall correctly, the same was said of Republicans and the ACA.

They're all the same, man... re-election (pardon the pun) Trumps all. Nothing else matters. I don't matter. You don't matter. The country don't matter. Only those all important votes mean anything.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
SEE 9, IF YOU VOTE, YOU MEAN SOMETHING.
I'm not sure I am. I mean, after they get what they want from me (the vote), they take off and are never heard from until they want another vote. Then it's all about picturesque sunsets, champagne, and grandiose promises of our future together... then vamoose! Like rats out of the aquaduct - gone again as soon as the election is over. *sigh*

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member

They're all the same, man... re-election (pardon the pun) Trumps all. Nothing else matters. I don't matter. You don't matter. The country don't matter. Only those all important votes mean anything.
Dear 9andaWiggle:

In general, you are correct about the "all-important votes" ... but there is a significant difference with regard to the immigration issues.

There are definitely some problems with regard to illegal immigration, and Trump and the Republicans have plans to do something about it [see the issues mentioned in my original post], while the Democrats are satisfied with open borders and doing nothing to stem the tide of illegals that they perceive as future voters.

Flash back to 2009, when Barack Hussein Obama and the Democrats had complete control of the government, including a filibuster-proof majority in the Senate. While Obama promised that immigration reform was a top priority during his campaign, it ultimately took a back seat to an $800 billion stimulus plan, which had questionable results at best, and healthcare legislation that was sold on lies and predicated on the “stupidity of the American voter” (according to one of Obamacare's chief architects, Jonathan Gruber.

Americans were so upset at the way these laws were imposed on them that the GOP took control of the House and Democrats lost their majority in the Senate in the 2010 midterms, and it proved to be one of the largest-ever legislative seat changes.

Merit-based immigration works quite well in some of the world’s greatest liberal democracies, such as Canada, Australia and the UK. And before criticizing Trump's immigration-reform proposals, liberals and Democrats, along with the lamestream media, should acknowledge that, not too long ago, Obama and the Dems had the opportunity to get everything that they wanted in comprehensive immigration legislation, but they didn’t. They have no one to blame but themselves.

toolguru

Total Tool

Exactly correct, nine. Some people will never learn thatvad they trip all over themselves trying to show how altruistic and righteous their chosen party is.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
As are you
Um. I don't think so. Go into archives and read AWs editorials. He has been straight up honest and accurate without spin. Being conservative is not aligning oneself with any party D or R. Personally I can't stand a sniveling wimpy R. The Ds are more interested in an agenda that benefits their narrative. Laws be Damned. Win at all costs. Blame, Project, Deny. The sad thing is Rs are spineless and deep down couldn't care less what the others are up to as long as the get illegal aliens to work in their factories. The Ds just want their votes in elections and put on a fake bleeding heart personality and have all these special interest groups that project hate, bigotry, and racism. The Dems are destroying the country and Republicans are allowing it. Everybody loses.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Um. I don't think so. Go into archives and read AWs editorials. He has been straight up honest and accurate without spin. Being conservative is not aligning oneself with any party D or R. Personally I can't stand a sniveling wimpy R. The Ds are more interested in an agenda that benefits their narrative. Laws be Damned. Win at all costs. Blame, Project, Deny. The sad thing is Rs are spineless and deep down couldn't care less what the others are up to as long as the get illegal aliens to work in their factories. The Ds just want their votes in elections and put on a fake bleeding heart personality and have all these special interest groups that project hate, bigotry, and racism. The Dems are destroying the country and Republicans are allowing it. Everybody loses.
↑↑↑↑ Right there ↑↑↑↑

Good Times Good Times

... and YOU are a perfect example of utilizing such "righteousness" regarding your "chosen party."
When do you ever write one of your "mini-editorials" critical of Republicans or Trump? You don't because Trump IS, in essence, YOU. I've posted numerous times criticizing Democrats and post things I perceive as liberal bullshit. Yet, we see you time and time again post Fox News (which would be like me citing TYT) and Hannity etc.....

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
As are you
Dear bbfreeburn:

Perhaps you have forgotten, but I've posted a number of times about how I totally abandoned the Republican Party and re-registered as an Independent several years ago. And I had no intention of ever voting for a Republican in any presidential election, and only Donald Trump gave me any reason to vote for the GOP candidate. Then again, Trump certainly isn't a traditional Republican.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
When do you ever write one of your "mini-editorials" critical of Republicans or Trump? You don't because Trump IS, in essence, YOU. I've posted numerous times criticizing Democrats and post things I perceive as liberal bullshit. Yet, we see you time and time again post Fox News (which would be like me citing TYT) and Hannity etc.....
Dear GTGT:

I'll write a mini-editorial critical of Trump and/or the GOP right after Rachel Maddow has a segment of her show devoted to something pro-Trump or anti-Democrat.

Good Times Good Times

I'm not a Democrat or Republican, I'm a moderately liberal leaning libertarian who believes in civil liberties. I'm most certainly not a partisan hack.

Don't blame me for Hillary or Trump.