Minneapolis Riots

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I thought so as well, but according to St Paul Police it is not true. Dang, who do you believe these days? That would be highly embarrassing to SPPD.
This is exactly why I'm not allowed to go to any rally or protest because my job won't allow it.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Yet every one wants to hear from him. Oh gee, we don't like what he said. Orly?

The media and the left want a federal response to something the federal government has little control over. The solution starts at the county and states with people actually voting. 30 percent is the average municipal voter turnout but want a federal response yet we have 50 or more percent for president. Our government doesn't work that way. The president doesn't appoint sherrifs.. Appoint police chiefs. District attorneys.

REVerse °

Addicted Member

The head of the Minneapolis police union says George Floyd’s “violent criminal history” needs to be remembered and that the protests over his death are the work of a “terrorist movement.”

“What is not being told is the violent criminal history of George Floyd. The media will not air this,” police union president Bob Kroll told his members in a letter posted Monday on Twitter.

Floyd had landed five years behind bars in 2009 for an assault and robbery two years earlier, and before that, had been convicted of charges ranging from theft with a firearm to drugs, the Daily Mail reported.

Floyd died last week after a white cop kneeled on the 46-year-old black man’s neck for nearly 9 minutes, a shocking incident that was caught on video and is sparking widespread violent protests, including in New York City. Floyd had allegedly just tried to pass a phony $20 bill before he died.

“This terrorist movement that is currently occurring was a long time build up which dates back years,” Kroll said in his letter of the protests, adding that some of his city’s issues exist because Minneapolis leaders have been “minimizing the size of our police force and diverting funds to community activists with an anti-police agenda.

“Our chief requested 400 more officers and was flatly denied any. This is what led to this record breaking riot,” he said.

George FloydBen Crump Law
The union chief vowed that his organization would help the cop accused of killing Floyd, now-fired Officer Derek Chauvin, and three other officers who were at the scene and are being investigated.

“I’ve worked with the four defense attorneys that are representing each of our four terminated individuals under criminal investigation, in addition with our labor attorneys to fight for their jobs. They were terminated without due process,” Kroll wrote.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I DONT KNOW IF YA'LL HAVE SEEN THE VIDEO YET, BUT THE REASON FLOYD WAS EVEN ON THE GROUND WAS BECAUSE HE WAS IN THE COP CAR AND STARTED KICKING THE SHIT OUT OF THE COPS. I DO NOT CONDONE THE COP SITTING ON HIS NECK, THE BACK WOULD HAVE BEEN SUFFICIENT. BUT IF YOUR A CRIMINAL AND YOUR GOING TO FIGHT WITH THE COPS, SHITS GOING TO HAPPEN. IT AINT LIKE THE GUY WAS A SAINT, NOT BY ANY MEANS. BUT KNOW THE GUY IS A MARTYR, FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I DONT KNOW IF YA'LL HAVE SEEN THE VIDEO YET, BUT THE REASON FLOYD WAS EVEN ON THE GROUND WAS BECAUSE HE WAS IN THE COP CAR AND STARTED KICKING THE SHIT OUT OF THE COPS. I DO NOT CONDONE THE COP SITTING ON HIS NECK, THE BACK WOULD HAVE BEEN SUFFICIENT. BUT IF YOUR A CRIMINAL AND YOUR GOING TO FIGHT WITH THE COPS, SHITS GOING TO HAPPEN. IT AINT LIKE THE GUY WAS A SAINT, NOT BY ANY MEANS. BUT KNOW THE GUY IS A MARTYR, FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS.
I told ya there was more to the story.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Things here have been relatively peaceful. After the permit expired for a rally Monday about 20 percent stayed and after 2 hours of the police asking them to leave they used smoke and gas. Of course the BLM crew believe the police instigated everything when they don't realise that blocking streets without a permit is unlawful.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Yet every one wants to hear from him. Oh gee, we don't like what he said. Orly?

The media and the left want a federal response to something the federal government has little control over. The solution starts at the county and states with people actually voting. 30 percent is the average municipal voter turnout but want a federal response yet we have 50 or more percent for president. Our government doesn't work that way. The president doesn't appoint sherrifs.. Appoint police chiefs. District attorneys.
Dear Djarum300:

Well-stated, my friend!

Djarum300

Addicted Member
People really need a civics lesson. It's a shame that everyone is wanting all these high profile coaches, athletes, and actors to say something. Is that going to change the police culture where I live? No.

Also people complaining about police force locally when the permit expired and people refused to leave. Peaceful protest is not the same as lawful protest.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AND IM SURE YA'LL ALL KNOW THEY CANT BRING UP HIS CRIMINAL HISTORY AT TRIAL. EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED BEFORE THAT DAY ISNT RELEVANT FOR THIS CASE. WELCOME TO THE JUSTICE SYSTEM.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Bill, if you’re so concerned with moral values how can you follow Trump? An admitted adulterer.
Dear bbfreeburn:

While some of Trump's "moral values" (and related actions) don't reflect my values and actions, I'M NOT SUPPORTING HIM IN AN ELECTION FOR CHOIRBOY -- rather, for re-election as president.

I support him because he supports my CONSERVATIVE values and viewpoints FAR MORE than ANY candidate that could be offered by the Democrats to oppose him. Even despite his moral flaws, I'm convinced that Crooked Hillary has many more flaws and overall negatives.

As for this year's election, I support most of Trump's positions, and I'm strongly opposed to most of Biden's positions, so there's no question as to which candidate I STRONGLY support.