Mom Arrested For Letting 4 Yr Old Son Play 120 Ft Away From Home

MI2AZ

A self-described "free-range" mom who allowed her 4-year-old son to play alone on a playground 120 feet from their front door within their gated apartment complex is fighting back after she was arrested for felony child endangerment and neglect.

"We have a CPS [Child Protective Service] case now and every time he's not in my visual site we're in violation,"

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Fucking idiocy! I used to ride my bike 7 to 10 miles from home, eat lunch and fuck around then ride back. Sometimes my buddies and I would leave at 8AM and return at about 9PM. This world is surely fucked up from what it used to be.

MI2AZ

I grew up in Detroit. We walked to elementary school about 1/2 mile away through a pretty rough neighborhood. Our local library was further away and we walked to that as well. The closest city pool was about a mile, maybe further away and we walked there a couple of times. We used to play outside until the street lights came on. I don't remember any of my friends ever end up missing. They may have been beaten up a couple of times by a gang, but never any abductions. As someone posted elsewhere, most abductions seem to be by close relatives, usually in custody disputes, and when I was growing up, most of my friends only seemed to have a mother, the father was not around.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
WE COULD GO TO THE STORE, DINNER, MOVIES AND WHATEVER, LEAVE FRONT AND BACK DOORS OPEN, AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. EVEN HERE IN DALLAS. WE COULD PLAY ANYWHERE / ANYTIME AND NEVER A PROBLEM. THE TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGING.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Like you guys, I was seldom supervised outside. Check in for lunch and dinner (unless neighbors were feeding me) then just be home by dark.

They've taken all the fun out of being a kid. I certainly wouldn't want to be growing up now. I feel sorry for kids today.

JLS

Come on....This is 2015....And none of us live in Mayberry...

The kid was 4 YEARS OLD...No 4 year old should ever be allowed to play in a PUBLIC PARK ALONE....

WHAT THE FUXXCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE...

Every fuxxcking day children are kidnapped...

We live in a sick country...

Now I don'Tbelieve the mother should be sent to jail...

She should be spanked on her bare butt on YOU TUBE...

For all the world to see what a DUMB FUXXCK SHE IS...

There is no longer ANY AGE WHERE A CHILD IS SAFE ON THE STREETS ALONE...

Heck...Greg packs a gun to go to his mail box...

If the bad guys don't get ya...the Chicago Police will more than like shoot you..."shut up..Like this never happens...<<<<Jay Leno...

livespive

As much as I hate to say this...... I agree with JLS :mad::Cautious::p;) Just kidding.

IF the kid is 4 they shouldn't be that far away by themseslves.
Yeah we ran around as kids but I don't thik none of us did this at 4 years old.

Come on....This is 2015....And none of us live in Mayberry...

The kid was 4 YEARS OLD...No 4 year old should ever be allowed to play in a PUBLIC PARK ALONE....

WHAT THE FUXXCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE...

Every fuxxcking day children are kidnapped...

We live in a sick country...

Now I don'Tbelieve the mother should be sent to jail...

She should be spanked on her bare butt on YOU TUBE...

For all the world to see what a DUMB FUXXCK SHE IS...

There is no longer ANY AGE WHERE A CHILD IS SAFE ON THE STREETS ALONE...

Heck...Greg packs a gun to go to his mail box...

If the bad guys don't get ya...the Chicago Police will more than like shoot you..."shut up..Like this never happens...<<<<Jay Leno...

Robadat

A couple of points;
1) This happened inside a GATED apartment complex, the kid was not running around on a public street or park for that matter.
2) The kid was only 120 Ft. (40 yds.) from his home, if the kid yelled, Mom would have heard him. He was not roaming about several blocks from home like most of us used to do when we were kids.

That being said, the neighbor should just have made a comment to the boy's Mother about this only if he was engaging in dangerous activities while in the playground. I find it ridiculous that the Mom was arrested for a felony for allowing the kid to go outside the home to a designated play area within a GATED apartment complex.

Reactions: JLS

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
This shit is why I live where I do. My grandkids can play outside, ride their bikes around the neighborhood, and everyone just goes about their business. I ride my bike 3 miles down the main drag and back, say hello to people I don't know and even stop to talk to young kids playing in my old stomping grounds. People walk by my house when I'm sitting on the porch and say howdy. Some even stop and chat about my dog or the weather. It's not Mayberry, but it's damn close.

JLS

A couple of points;
1) This happened inside a GATED apartment complex, the kid was not running around on a public street or park for that matter.
2) The kid was only 120 Ft. (40 yds.) from his home, if the kid yelled, Mom would have heard him. He was not roaming about several blocks from home like most of us used to do when we were kids.

That being said, the neighbor should just have made a comment to the boy's Mother about this only if he was engaging in dangerous activities while in the playground. I find it ridiculous that the Mom was arrested for a felony for allowing the kid to go outside the home to a designated play area within a GATED apartment complex.

Good point Rob about it being a GATED community...