Monkey Head Transplant Was A Success

MI2AZ

A "maverick surgeon" claims to have successfully put one monkey's head on another monkey's body, bringing the doctor one step closer to the first human head transplant, New Scientist reports.

"The monkey fully survived the procedure without any neurological injury of whatever kind,” says Canavero, adding that it was kept alive for only 20 hours after the procedure for ethical reasons. New Scientist was, however, unable to obtain further details on this experiment.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Ethical reasons my ass! You pull off something like that, you keep it alive to monitor for complications, document everything to aid future procedures, AND to show peers/prove what you were able to do.

The monkey died immediately and his transplant was a failure. Guy is full of shit.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
20 hrs isnt even enough time to show rejection. My guess is the fucker died on the table and they finished sewing the head on anyway.

Robadat

I don't believe this. The guy never attempted to connect the spinal cord. All he basically did was attach the arteries and veins. There's no way he could verify that no brain damage occurred in the 20 hours he supposedly kept it alive.