More dirty tactics against Trump

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
All I'm saying is, it's awfully convenient that violence broke out on a larger scale at a Tump event after a week or better of everyone in the media whipping up the hate, proclaiming Trump in the WH = civil war, and the million or more times "Trump=Hitler" was ominously threatened. Violence initiated by a group of well organized individuals who were pretty crafty about knowing how to get in and strategically positioned without being detected, and willing to spend the money on tickets to execute the plan. That is not coincidental. That is not a bunch of random, upset people. That is a powerful organization taking coordinated action against an opponent. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the GOP backing it.

And that's the main thing I like about Donald is that everybody in the entrenched political system hates him. Everyone is trying so hard to bring the guy down, and it's not because DC suddenly cares about the rest of America, it's because Donald threatens the "status quo". And I like that.

Sure, he'll be a terrible president, but if he makes DC (and the media) realize the people are fed up with what we've been getting from them, maybe it'll be worth it. One thing for sure, just voting in another establishment puppet will change nothing.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
All I'm saying is, it's awfully convenient that violence broke out on a larger scale at a Tump event after a week or better of everyone in the media whipping up the hate, proclaiming Trump in the WH = civil war, and the million or more times "Trump=Hitler" was ominously threatened. Violence initiated by a group of well organized individuals who were pretty crafty about knowing how to get in and strategically positioned without being detected, and willing to spend the money on tickets to execute the plan. That is not coincidental. That is not a bunch of random, upset people. That is a powerful organization taking coordinated action against an opponent. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the GOP backing it.
Dear 9andaWiggle:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the protest was orchestrated by members of the GOP establishment. Nothing else has seemed to work, so why would they not attempt to do something like that as a last-resort measure?

MI2AZ

Speaking of Neanderthals.

I never sought to be part of the story.
On Tuesday night, I went to cover Donald Trump’s press conference at the Trump National Golf Club in Jupiter, Florida. I was looking to cover the event like I have covered many live political events for Breitbart News, including an uneventful Trump press conference in Palm Beach the week before.

Addressing the gathered reporters and the nation at large, Trump was in an especially jovial mood Tuesday night. The networks just declared he had won the Mississippi Republican primary and, during his speech, that he won Michigan Republican primary as well.

I wasn’t called upon to ask a question during the televised press conference, but afterwards Trump wandered around, stopping at every reporter to take their questions. When he approached me, I asked him about his view on an aspect of affirmative action.

Trump acknowledged the question, but before he could answer I was jolted backwards. Someone had grabbed me tightly by the arm and yanked me down. I almost fell to the ground, but was able to maintain my balance. Nonetheless, I was shaken.

The Washington Post’s Ben Terris immediately remarked that it was Trump’s campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, who aggressively tried to pull me to the ground. I quickly turned around and saw Lewandowski and Trump exiting the building together. No apology. No explanation for why he did this.

Even if Trump was done taking questions, Lewandowski would be out of line. Campaign managers aren’t supposed to try to forcefully throw reporters to the ground, no matter the circumstance. But what made this especially jarring is that there was no hint Trump was done taking questions. No one was pushing him to get away. He seemed to have been happily answering queries from my fellow reporters just a moment before.

Many people have been asking me on Twitter and in emails what exactly happened Tuesday night. I hope this article answers those questions and I can get back to reporting the news, not being a part of it.

MI2AZ

And, as a result of the above incident this happened:

A spokesman for the conservative outlet Breitbart has stepped down, citing the website's treatment of a reporter who said she was manhandled by Donald Trump’s campaign manager.

“When you reach a point where you can’t give 100 percent to people you represent it’s not tenable to continue representing them,” Kurt Bardella tweeted Friday.

He told CNN that Breitbart hadn’t adequately supported Michelle Fields, a Breitbart reporter who said her arm was yanked by Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski as she was trying to ask Trump a question Tuesday.

“Trump acknowledged the question, but before he could answer I was jolted backwards,” Fields has written. “Someone had grabbed me tightly by the arm and yanked me down. I almost fell to the ground, but was able to maintain my balance. Nonetheless, I was shaken.”

The Trump campaign denied the accusation and tried to discredit Fields.

The Washington Post identified the person who grabbed Fields as Lewandowski and the Daily Beast reported that Lewandowski acknowledged to a Breitbart editor that he grabbed Fields. Lewandowski said he did not recognize Fields as reporter for the site, which is friendly to Trump.

Bardella said Breitbart has been looking for a reason to disprove the incident, when all the evidence strongly suggests Fields' version is accurate,

"I just disagree with the course of which they’ve been covering this, and how they’ve treated Michelle," he told CNN.

Bardella’s public relations firm teamed up with Breitbart in 2013. Bardella was to “help Breitbart News take more of a part in shaping the national conversation and narratives on politics and culture with the fighting spirit that is a hallmark of Breitbart News,” according to an announcement of the hiring.

Bardella implied Tuesday that there’s too much fighting spirit at Trump events.

My own personal observation is that there is an escalating cycle of behavior that happens only at Donald Trump events.

— Kurt Bardella (@kurtbardella) March 11, 2016
What we saw last night with the #ChicagoProtest is only the beginning ... we are headed for a stain on our democracy and process

— Kurt Bardella (@kurtbardella) March 12, 2016
He also indicated that his dissatisfaction goes behind recent events. Bardella tweeted that for months “I sat on the sidelines and watched. I didn’t do anything. I didn’t stop anything. I took their money and stayed silent.”