Mr. Bacon Double Cheeseburger

MI2AZ

A gas consultant who officially changed his name to Bacon Double Cheeseburger today said: "I’ve got no regrets at all".

Sam Smith, from Muswell Hill, changed his name by deed poll to reflect his love of the food after a night in the pub.

He told the Standard that the Burger King favourite was the first thing that popped into his head when friends convinced him to do go ahead with the stunt.

Mr Cheeseburger explained: “It was the culmination of probably too many drinks in the pub where there was a conversation about names.

“Bacon Double Cheeseburger was pretty much the first thing that came up. Everyone loves bacon don’t they?

He's still prickly about his erstwhile appellation: Cheeseburger took the Standard to task for reporting he was previously known as Sam Smith, tweeting, "You got my name wrong, it was SIMON SMITH. FFS. Sam Smith would be a ridiculous name." Whatever his former name, the man now known as Cheeseburger is reaping at least one perk: Burger joints are offering him free bacon double cheeseburgers if he provides proof of the name change.

Good Times Good Times

A couple snippets stand out to me:

"“It was largely the most ridiculous thing we could think of. My friends were quite supportive of anything that makes me look silly, as good friends are.”

"“My fiancée is fairly reluctant about marrying a Cheeseburger. That’s something we’re discussing a lot. No girl ever dreams of spending her big day marrying a man called Bacon."

I wonder if he factored not getting laid into his decision making.