Never-Trump GOP's New Plan

MI2AZ

You'll have to show me that. And if you're speaking of being in competition with, and enjoying a victory over your competitor, I commend him even more. I don't associate that with "screwing". And, that is EXACTLY what we need to do with all the countries that have been claiming victory over us for the past 50 years. We need to start winning. Winning isn't screwing. It's out-negotiating and manipulating them. It's a skill to make a business deal, come out ahead, and have everyone satisfied at the results. It's what he does and it's what WE need as a country.
Found another story.

“I sent a bill. It wasn’t paid,” said architect Andrew Tesoro, whose small firm was hired by Trump to design the clubhouse for a Trump golf course.

After having his work applauded by Trump himself, according to Tesoro, Trump’s people offered him about a third of what he was owed. He reluctantly accepted. That wasn’t paid either, he says. When Tesoro finally met with Trump, Trump bullied him with a "take-it or leave-it" offer of just half the already-agreed-upon lower amount. “Mr. Trump’s attorney said that if I were to sue the Trump organization, I would probably get that money, but he made very clear to me that it was his job to make sure that it took me so long and so much money that I was probably wise to accept this very meager sum of money. … It almost put me out of business.”

Trump asserts that lawsuits are just a natural part of doing business. But few companies are as litigious as Trump.

Of course, some lawsuits are inevitable, especially in a business serving the public, like real estate. There are inevitable “trip-and-fall” lawsuits and suits against deadbeat tenants. But according to USA TODAY's analysis, Trump and his company were involved in more lawsuits than five top real estate moguls combined. And in many, he was being sued for non-payment of fees or wages.

What emerges is an inescapable pattern: Trump uses lawsuits and the threat of lawsuits as an intentional, bullying business practice.

“Smart people avoid lawsuits at all costs,” said Trippe Fried, a New York-based attorney serving entrepreneurial companies. “A lawsuit is an inefficient way to accomplish a business end. It’s the hallmark of a poor businessman to use the litigation system unless there are no other viable options available.”

Moreover, Trump’s company has declared bankruptcy four times, and bankruptcy is terrible for a company’s small-business vendors. I know how that feels. In late 2006, the distributor for my small publishing company declared bankruptcy, and it was a terrifying and expensive experience. I also learned that bankruptcy is a heavy-handed strategy often used by unscrupulous business people to get out of paying people what they’re owed.

The best business — ethical business — depends on relationships and trust. Especially for a small-business owner, who can rarely afford the time or immense trouble of a lawsuit, a contract or a deal is only as reliable as the people involved. Trump does not appear to be trustworthy in his business dealings.

Since I read USA Today , most of the stories I know of are from there. But, here are some other sources that I did not read.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trumps-business-plan-left-a-trail-of-unpaid-bills-1465504454

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/we-...mp-is-named-in-at-least-169-federal-lawsuits/

http://www.motherjones.com/politics...nsive-history-trump-business-deals-gone-wrong

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...lly-sued-tiny-travel-agency-article-1.2641738

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/432826/donald-trump-scandals-business-failures-roundup

http://www.businessinsider.com/busi...accuse-donald-trump-of-not-paying-them-2016-6

Donald Trump took $150,000 after 9/11 because he was a small business.
http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/02/17/donald-trump-took-150000-911-small-business-owner/

We've documented how Donald Trump's affinity for the tragedy of 9/11 and the victims of that terrorist attack is closely linked to whatever political benefit he can gain from that association. He didn't attend memorial services for police or fire fighters or for any of the "hundreds of friends" that died that day. He gave a pittance to 9/11 charities, 100% of that donation went to the Church of Scientology. He lied relentlessly about watching "thousands" celebrated in Jersey City or watching people jump to their death from the windows of his residence. Not only has he traded on their deaths, he has had a personal financial benefit from 9/11.

Last edited:

Good Times Good Times

MI 2 AZ, I think there's a very big difference in running a business and governing. By a conservatives own admission a business only exists to return a profit to its owner (lol) but governing is being the president (or legislator) of ALL the people and not just those who voted for you. I know the owner of my company does quite well (does he ever) but his concern isn't with all of the employees under him.

That's my opinion and that would be my philosophy if I were elected.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I have searched and read until I gave myself a massive headache and I can find no evidence of Trump being convicted of bad business or losing a lawsuit for non payment. I did find this:
"I love to hold back and negotiate when people don't do good work," he said.

Similarly, he and his daughter, Ivanka, told USA Today that if people they employ aren't fully paid, then it's because the Trump Organization was unhappy with their work.

"Let's say that they do a job that's not good, or a job that they didn't finish, or a job that was way late. I'll deduct from their contract, absolutely," Trump said.

And I agree with him.

livespive

That's BS.......

You have to tell your employee why there is a decrease in salary.

I have searched and read until I gave myself a massive headache and I can find no evidence of Trump being convicted of bad business or losing a lawsuit for non payment. I did find this:
"I love to hold back and negotiate when people don't do good work," he said.

Similarly, he and his daughter, Ivanka, told USA Today that if people they employ aren't fully paid, then it's because the Trump Organization was unhappy with their work.

"Let's say that they do a job that's not good, or a job that they didn't finish, or a job that was way late. I'll deduct from their contract, absolutely," Trump said.

And I agree with him.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Found another story.

“I sent a bill. It wasn’t paid,” said architect Andrew Tesoro, whose small firm was hired by Trump to design the clubhouse for a Trump golf course.

After having his work applauded by Trump himself, according to Tesoro, Trump’s people offered him about a third of what he was owed. He reluctantly accepted. That wasn’t paid either, he says. When Tesoro finally met with Trump, Trump bullied him with a "take-it or leave-it" offer of just half the already-agreed-upon lower amount. “Mr. Trump’s attorney said that if I were to sue the Trump organization, I would probably get that money, but he made very clear to me that it was his job to make sure that it took me so long and so much money that I was probably wise to accept this very meager sum of money. … It almost put me out of business.”

Trump asserts that lawsuits are just a natural part of doing business. But few companies are as litigious as Trump.

Of course, some lawsuits are inevitable, especially in a business serving the public, like real estate. There are inevitable “trip-and-fall” lawsuits and suits against deadbeat tenants. But according to USA TODAY's analysis, Trump and his company were involved in more lawsuits than five top real estate moguls combined. And in many, he was being sued for non-payment of fees or wages.

What emerges is an inescapable pattern: Trump uses lawsuits and the threat of lawsuits as an intentional, bullying business practice.

“Smart people avoid lawsuits at all costs,” said Trippe Fried, a New York-based attorney serving entrepreneurial companies. “A lawsuit is an inefficient way to accomplish a business end. It’s the hallmark of a poor businessman to use the litigation system unless there are no other viable options available.”

Moreover, Trump’s company has declared bankruptcy four times, and bankruptcy is terrible for a company’s small-business vendors. I know how that feels. In late 2006, the distributor for my small publishing company declared bankruptcy, and it was a terrifying and expensive experience. I also learned that bankruptcy is a heavy-handed strategy often used by unscrupulous business people to get out of paying people what they’re owed.

The best business — ethical business — depends on relationships and trust. Especially for a small-business owner, who can rarely afford the time or immense trouble of a lawsuit, a contract or a deal is only as reliable as the people involved. Trump does not appear to be trustworthy in his business dealings.

Since I read USA Today , most of the stories I know of are from there. But, here are some other sources that I did not read.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trumps-business-plan-left-a-trail-of-unpaid-bills-1465504454

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/we-...mp-is-named-in-at-least-169-federal-lawsuits/

http://www.motherjones.com/politics...nsive-history-trump-business-deals-gone-wrong

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...lly-sued-tiny-travel-agency-article-1.2641738

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/432826/donald-trump-scandals-business-failures-roundup

http://www.businessinsider.com/busi...accuse-donald-trump-of-not-paying-them-2016-6

Donald Trump took $150,000 after 9/11 because he was a small business.
http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/02/17/donald-trump-took-150000-911-small-business-owner/

We've documented how Donald Trump's affinity for the tragedy of 9/11 and the victims of that terrorist attack is closely linked to whatever political benefit he can gain from that association. He didn't attend memorial services for police or fire fighters or for any of the "hundreds of friends" that died that day. He gave a pittance to 9/11 charities, 100% of that donation went to the Church of Scientology. He lied relentlessly about watching "thousands" celebrated in Jersey City or watching people jump to their death from the windows of his residence. Not only has he traded on their deaths, he has had a personal financial benefit from 9/11.
Owning over 500 businesses and having only 4 bankruptcies? And those coming only because the entire Atlantic Cities economy collapsed? Pretty fucking good average in my book.

livespive

I would agree, but Trump is going to try and run the USA like one.

MI 2 AZ, I think there's a very big difference in running a business and governing. By a conservatives own admission a business only exists to return a profit to its owner (lol) but governing is being the president (or legislator) of ALL the people and not just those who voted for you. I know the owner of my company does quite well (does he ever) but his concern isn't with all of the employees under him.

That's my opinion and that would be my philosophy if I were elected.

livespive

4 is bad enough, if one is the USA.

HEll one was one of the companies that I invested in.

Owning over 500 businesses and having only 4 bankruptcies? And those coming only because the entire Atlantic Cities economy collapsed? Pretty fucking good average in my book.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
4 is bad enough, if one is the USA.

HEll one was one of the companies that I invested in.
You dont get it. We're already bankrupt. Do you know anyone else in the world owing 18 trillion with no way to pay? We're not even making money. In order to pay off debt one needs positive cash flow. We have a deficit EVERY YEAR. I'll take Trump's 500/4 record and his business savvy over anyone else today. You think Killary has the answer?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
... and more emphasis should be put on George W. Bush, Barack Hussein Obama and numerous other D.C. denizens for BANKRUPTING THE COUNTRY with trillions and trillions of dollars of debt.

livespive

Oh I get it........

He will piss of the other countries, and they will call in their notes :mad:

Like I said, I don't either one, and to me there is no lesser of 2 evils as they are both evil in their own way...........

As JLS says, we are screwed.

You dont get it. We're already bankrupt. Do you know anyone else in the world owing 18 trillion with no way to pay? We're not even making money. In order to pay off debt one needs positive cash flow. We have a deficit EVERY YEAR. I'll take Trump's 500/4 record and his business savvy over anyone else today. You think Killary has the answer?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Oh I get it........

He will piss of the other countries, and they will call in their notes :mad:

Like I said, I don't either one, and to me there is no lesser of 2 evils as they are both evil in their own way...........

As JLS says, we are screwed.
Maybe so, we have a choice between two capable of a win. Now, killary has done nothing productive, unless you call getting a fucking rapist off a success, and has absolutely no business experience, unless yoy call accepting bribes and donations from countries who hate us a success, and filling her pockets with clinton foundation cash a success. Is she going to get us out of debt and start coming out on top of these trade deals?

livespive

Let's just get it over with........

They both should run together that way we can get rid of them in 4 years :)

Maybe so, we have a choice between two capable of a win. Now, killary has done nothing productive, unless you call getting a fucking rapist off a success, and has absolutely no business experience, unless yoy call accepting bribes and donations from countries who hate us a success, and filling her pockets with clinton foundation cash a success. Is she going to get us out of debt and start coming out on top of these trade deals?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I would agree, but Trump is going to try and run the USA like one.
Dear livespive:

Of course, it's only my opinion, but I feel that ANY MANNER THAT TRUMP TRIES TO -- OR ACTUALLY DOES, IF ELECTED -- RUN THE COUNTRY IS BETTER THAN THE WAY HILLARY WOULD RUN IT.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Let's just get it over with........

They both should run together that way we can get rid of them in 4 years :)
Dear livespive:

Interesting, but the fact is that Americans haven't had many good presidential options in recent years: Obama vs. Romney, Obama vs. McCain, Bush vs. Kerry, Bush vs. Gore, etc., so who's to say that any 2020 or 2024 options would be any better?

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear livespive:

We should all be appreciative of the forum moderators -- especially Greg T -- for helping keep these discussions civil.
Thanx, but I'm not doing anything. When the two or three major instigators are gone this place runs itself. I applaud all you guys for making my job extremely easy.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Thanx, but I'm not doing anything. When the two or three major instigators are gone this place runs itself. I applaud all you guys for making my job extremely easy.
... but you are prepared to deal with a bad situation if it were to develop.