New Cruise Ship

MI2AZ

It’s hard to describe the Harmony of the Seas (HOTS) as a cruise ship. It’s more like a floating resort city.

As the world’s largest cruise ship, HOTS made its debut sail this past weekend from Southampton to Rotterdam. The colossal vessel measures 216 feet wide and 1,187 feet in length.

18 decks, 23 swimming pools, 42 bars and lounges, a theatre, spa, shopping district and even an ice rink.

There are 23 pools on the ship, including some for riding waves.

Last edited:

MI2AZ

Those things just look too high and top-heavy to me.

So, 18 decks, 23 swimming pools, 42 bars and lounges, a theatre, spa, shopping district and even an ice rink, but only 18 life boats? I see nine on the one side in the photo so assume nine more on the other side.

Will all the passengers fit into the (18 ? ) life boats?

Last edited:

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I dunno. Never been too big on cruises. I know people like them, but to me it's just a floating hotel. Meh. I'm more of a B&B, or even better a cabin in the woods kinda guy. My idea of a great vacation is to get AWAY from people, not to be jammed into a floating germ factory with several thousand others. I just really don't like crowds.

livespive

I was exactly like you, then I had my first one, and loved it.
You might think there would be a lot of people but there are not (at least not in the same spot).
I loved the different destinations. You go get off the ship do what you have to do get on sleep gamble
drink, eat sleep. Get off at the next stop repeat :)

I dunno. Never been too big on cruises. I know people like them, but to me it's just a floating hotel. Meh. I'm more of a B&B, or even better a cabin in the woods kinda guy. My idea of a great vacation is to get AWAY from people, not to be jammed into a floating germ factory with several thousand others. I just really don't like crowds.

MI2AZ

I was exactly like you, then I had my first one, and loved it.
You might think there would be a lot of people but there are not (at least not in the same spot).
I loved the different destinations. You go get off the ship do what you have to do get on sleep gamble
drink, eat sleep. Get off at the next stop repeat :)

You know, because you put your reply above 9's quote, I thought at first you were replying to one of his sheep comments. The first part of your reply could be taken in that context until I saw the word 'ship' although 'destinations' was a bit weird. :)

"I was exactly like you, then I had my first one, and loved it.
You might think there would be a lot of people but there are not (at least not in the same spot)."

livespive

OK, it's FRYDAY, and my head is not in the game. They are pissing me off here at work, so you aught me slippin' ;):Biggrin::Thumbsup:

You know, because you put your reply above 9's quote, I thought at first you were replying to one of his sheep comments. The first part of your reply could be taken in that context until I saw the word 'ship' although 'destinations' was a bit weird. :)

"I was exactly like you, then I had my first one, and loved it.
You might think there would be a lot of people but there are not (at least not in the same spot)."