NYPD Union Chief Calls James Blake Arrest Critics 'Un-American'

Good Times Good Times

Nah dawg......they don't have the right. Obv you agree with the police in this situation. That makes you a solid American in their view as opposed to my "un-American" ways....

MI2AZ

No problem. I don't know if there is an emoticon for sarcasm or not. I just usually put a smiley in when I am jesting or think the situation is funny.

The word 'intelligent' and myself are not usually linked together and for good reason.
No emoticon, unfortunately for me.

Robadat

This is the Union Chief commenting. He is going to back his Union member, that's his job.

You also have to realize that the cop reasonably believes he is in the process of making an arrest. This was not your typical, random stop & frisk procedure on the street. That being said, it was a textbook takedown procedure. He did not choke the person nor did he forcibly "throw him down" in such a manner that it would likely cause injuries. He got him down on the ground in a controlled manner so that he could quickly secure him without subjecting himself or the public to possible injury in the event the suspect may have been armed in any manner.

This was simply a case of mistaken identity and the mistake was not made by the cop. That mistake was made by the witness who wrongly ID'ed Blake as one of the perpetrators of a credit card scamming operation.

livespive

I tell you one thing....

THey showed the picture of the guy and they sure did look alike...........BUT....
I believe I read that the lady identified the wrong guy,
so even if they would have got the right guy, it would have been the wrong guy :)

This is the Union Chief commenting. He is going to back his Union member, that's his job.

You also have to realize that the cop reasonably believes he is in the process of making an arrest. This was not your typical, random stop & frisk procedure on the street. That being said, it was a textbook takedown procedure. He did not choke the person nor did he forcibly "throw him down" in such a manner that it would likely cause injuries. He got him down on the ground in a controlled manner so that he could quickly secure him without subjecting himself or the public to possible injury in the event the suspect may have been armed in any manner.

This was simply a case of mistaken identity and the mistake was not made by the cop. That mistake was made by the witness who wrongly ID'ed Blake as one of the perpetrators of a credit card scamming operation.

Robadat

That's why I said the cop reasonably believed he was actually in the process of making an arrest. In that vein, what he did wasn't really excessive. In making an arrest, the aim is to quickly gain custody of the arrestee without subjecting himself or others nearby to possible injury in the event the subject tries to escape or resist the arrest. And had that actually been the right person being arrested, there would not have been any complaint about how he handled it.