One Dose Of Magic Mushroom Can Help Cancer Patients For 6 Months

MI2AZ

People who receive life-threatening cancer diagnoses and find themselves battling depression and anxiety might consider munching on magic mushrooms, and that's not coming from a snake oil salesman. Scientists at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine announced last week at the annual meeting of the American College of Neuropsychopharmacology that a single dose of the hallucinogenic ingredient, called psilocybin, appears to have a protective effect that lasts for an astonishing six months, per a press release. Found in some 200 mushroom species, psilocybin can give users hallucinations, nausea, and a distorted sense of time.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
That's what I'll need when I get it (genetic history suggests either colon or pancreatic cancer, about 25 years from now). None survived more than 18 months after diagnosis. Most were 12-14 months.

So, with my "glass is half empty" outlook on life, I can see my reaction being "Fuck it, I'm dead." Might as well give me those shrooms by the pound, I'm going to need them. Give some to my wife too, as she'll need it to put up with my miserable ass... I've never been a good patient.