Shame on Mitt Romney

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Shame on Mitt Romney. If he had gone after Barack Obama as much as he has against Donald Trump, Romney would be in the process of running for a second term. By running an inept campaign, he cost the GOP a win in 2012, and now he seems determined to cost the GOP in 2016, too.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Some people will do anything for a pay day. The GOP wrote him a handsome check to trash Trump because they're afraid of him. He's not a true conservative and they'll do anything to keep him from the office. What they don't get is that Trump is the only competition for Killary.

toolguru

Total Tool
Trump is not a true conservative and never has been. The whole republican party should be embarrassed by what is going on. Hand/penis size references, shouting over one another, lie upon lie, ugh. I truly hope Kasich can win MI then win OH. He is the guy with the experience, mindset, and demeanor of somebody befitting the office of President. The others I wouldn't vote dog catcher.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
The biggest problem is that little gnat, Rubio. He's the one making dirty personal digs and then talks over people, not letting them rebutt.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I didn't watch it, but my buddy said it was a joke.

I like what Trump represents in that he's not the establishment. Outside of that, I think he's in this for himself. He doesn't have a clear defined policy. He's supported the Clinton's in the past. He's not diplomatic, and one needs to be when dealing with heads of state.

Obama was a veiled "Hope and Change". I'm not sure Trump's policies are any less veiled.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Some people will do anything for a pay day. The GOP wrote him a handsome check to trash Trump because they're afraid of him. He's not a true conservative and they'll do anything to keep him from the office. What they don't get is that Trump is the only competition for Killary.
And IMHO, he'll roll over with Hilary. He's supported the Clintons in the past. What has changed?

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Can anyone guess who said THIS in 2012?

"Being in Donald Trump's magnificent hotel and having his endorsement is a delight. And I am so honored and pleased to have his endorsement. Donald Trump has shown an extraordinary ability to understand how our economy works, to create jobs for the American people. He's done it here in Nevada. He's done it across the country. He understands that our economy is facing threats from abroad. He's one of the few people who stood up and said, 'China is cheating.'"

Last edited:

livespive

Your boy Mitt...

He was talking with Matt on the Today show this morning, and said that if Trump was acting the way he is now he would not have taken the endorsement. That is hard to prove seeing as we can't go back in time........

Also, just because Trump "understands" how the economy/ business works doesn't mean that he is any good at it.

Can anyone guess who said THIS in 2012?

"Being in Donald Trump's magnificent hotel and having his endorsement is a delight. And I am so honored and pleased to have his endorsement. Donald Trump has shown an extraordinary ability to understand how our economy works, to create jobs for the American people. He's done it here in Nevada. He's done it across the country. He understands that our economy is facing threats from abroad. He's one of the few people who stood up and said, 'China is cheating.'"

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Your boy Mitt...

He was talking with Matt on the Today show this morning, and said that if Trump was acting the way he is now he would not have taken the endorsement. That is hard to prove seeing as we can't go back in time........

Also, just because Trump "understands" how the economy/ business works doesn't mean that he is any good at it.
Well, starting with a borrowed mil and ending up being a multi billionaire speaks volumes of what he knows. The key to fixing america's problems begins with the economy. I believe Trump is by far the best qualified to fix the economy and trade deficit

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
This Brad Paisley song comes to mind... I highlighted a couple lines as they apply to The Donald.

"Celebrity"

Someday I'm gonna be famous, do I have talent, well no
These days you don't really need it thanks to reality shows
Can't wait to date a supermodel, can't wait to sue my dad
Can't wait to wreck a Ferrari on my way to rehab

[1st Chorus]
'Cause when you're a celebrity
It's adios reality
You can act just like a fool
People think you're cool
Just 'cause you're on TV

I can throw a major fit
When my latte isn't just how I like it
When they say I've gone insane
I'll blame it on the fame
And the pressures that go with
Being a celebrity

I'll get to cry to Barbara Walters when things don't go my way
And I'll get community service no matter which law I break
I'll make the supermarket tabloids, they'll write some awful stuff
But the more they run my name down the more my price goes up

[2nd Chorus]
It's adios reality
No matter what you do
People think you're cool
Just 'cause you're on TV

I can fall in and out of love
Have marriages that barely last a month
When they go down the drain
I'll blame it on the fame
And say it's just so tough
Being a celebrity

[Bridge]
So let's hitch up the wagons and head out west
To the land of the fun and the sun
We'll be real world bachelor jackass millionaires
Hey hey, Hollywood, here we come

[3rd Chorus]
It's adios reality
No matter what you do
People think you're cool
Just 'cause you're on TV

Being a celebrity
Yeah celebrity

livespive

Just remember Bernie Madoff :)

I'm not kicking him, but like I said, just because you understand it, do mean you are good at it.
Bernie understood it too, and used it the wrong way.

You get a lot of people to invest in something, then you skim off the top for yours and the company goes belly up.
Everyone else goes broke, but you got your cash.

Well, starting with a borrowed mil and ending up being a multi billionaire speaks volumes of what he knows. The key to fixing america's problems begins with the economy. I believe Trump is by far the best qualified to fix the economy and trade deficit

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Just a counter point:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...this-really-basic-advice-hed-be-a-lot-richer/

"Using Trump's preferred estimates of his wealth, he has still performed worse than our hypothetical Main Street retiree. He told The New York Times he was worth $200 million in 1976, an amount that would be worth $12 billion today"

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I've taken a lengthy look at Mitt Romney's Facebook page, and I feel it's safe to say that opposition to his speech yesterday is running at least 50-1 against it ... and there are MANY negative (and even nasty) things being said about him. And in my opinion, he deserves every one of them.

MI2AZ

Wow, what a difference four years makes. In 2012, he was the toast of the GOP and now from the same people, his name is now Mudd.

Last edited:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HEY LIVE. I DONT THINK THERE IS ANYONE IN THIS COUNTRY THAT COULD GUARANTEE WHAT ANY OF THE CANDIDATES WOULD DO ONCE THEY GET INTO THE WHITE HOUSE. THEY WILL SAY WHATEVER THEY THINK THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WANT TO HEAR, BUT ONCE IN OFFICE, THEY CAN DO SOMETHING TOTALLY DIFFERENT.