Since I've Been Tough on the Po-Po

Good Times Good Times

"To protect and serve"

This is an example of serving.

http://www.wlwt.com/article/oshp-officer-goes-above-the-call-of-duty-for-grieving-man/3920798

OSHP Officer goes above the call of duty for grieving man
Man said his sister had just died

TROY, Ohio —

An Ohio State Highway Patrol Sergeant goes above and beyond the call of duty for a man on his way to see his mother as his sister had just died.

According to WLWT's sister station WDTN, it happened over the weekend when Mark Ross received a call to notify him that his sister has been killed in a car accident.

Ross was a passenger when the car he was in was pulled over for speeding by State Trooper J. Davis.

The driver of the vehicle had a warrant in Wayne County and was taken into custody.

It was then that Ohio State Highway Patrol Sergeant Robison offered to take Ross to the jail to post bail for the driver and to take him closer to Michigan.

WDTN said it reached out to Ross and he would like everyone to know how gratefully he is for Robison."

PER Ross:

"At 3am I got a phone call stating that my sister had been killed in a car accident due to some young dumb punk! I haven't slept and instantly got on the road. Of course we were speeding, trying to get back to Detroit. And we got pulled over in Ohio. I knew I was going to Jail due to a petty warrant. The police called Wayne county and they refused to come get me because of the distance. I explained to the officer that my sister had died and that I needed to get to my mother asap. I broke down crying and he saw the sincerity in my cry. He REACHES OVER AND BEGAN PRAYING OVER ME AND MY FAMILY. He offered to bring me 100 miles further to Detroit because they towed the vehicle. Everybody knows how much I dislike Cops but I am truly Greatful for this Guy. He gave me hope"

Credit when and where it's due.....

Robadat

These are hundreds of these types of stories that never see the light of day in the media. Maybe if the media showed a fair representation of the things cops do both good and bad, the general perception of cops wouldn't be quite as bad as it currently is.

I've always tried to show compassion to grieving family members and victims of crimes that I respond to. Don't think I would have driven that person myself unless I got specific permission to do so from my command, but I would have done every thing possible to help find that person alternate transportation to their destination.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
True,

Our local news does a good job at covering the good side.
We have a small station out of Marquette that does a nice job of bringing the good, uplifting stories from the area. But not much is said about the rest of the nation, or world.