So what is conservative

Djarum300

Addicted Member

My own thoughts on this is that social conservativism, in general, values traditional female roles as well being against objectifying the female body.

There are two issues at hand here.

First, I don't think having a calendar in general that objectifys women, regardless of how they are dressed (fully dressed women can still be objectified) can be considered conservative.

Second, the women who are in the calendar can't really call themselves conservative if they partake in such activities that objectifys women. Keep in mind many of these women don't identify as Conservative ( Riley Gaines and Josie TRL, for example).

This is something conservatives have been trying to grapple with the last 30 years.

There is a fine line between raising up women in the conservative space without objectifying them.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Conservatism is not synonymous with being religious or prudish. The Bibles tells us that, if you take it as "the" word.

Ezekiel 23:20-22
20: She lusted after lovers with genitals as large as a donkey’s and emissions like those of a horse. 21: And so, Oholibah, you relived your former days as a young girl in Egypt, when you first allowed your breasts to be fondled.

Also, a woman placing herself in the position to show her body is not being objectified, but is willingly and proudly displaying her beauty. Or, aren't "gods" creations works of art these days?

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I didn't mention religion because I think religion is irrelevant here. Conservatives, religious or not, should be conserving traditional values. That's how I always took conservativism, especially socially.

I do think this is relevant here:

One could argue that liberalism, at least the over application of, got us here in the first place.

We went from gay marriage ( rights for all, am I right) to women claiming they are men and vice versa.

Feminism could be argued as an over application of liberalism.

It's difficult to conservative an ever moving target. Progressivism is the ideology that pushes liberalism forward while conservativism tries to preserve what was already established as the acceptable norms. They are constantly at odds.

Last edited:

Scolai

I prefer Libertarianism over both Conservatism and Liberalism. Both of the latter seek to control the lives of the People according to the dictates of the collective conscience of the movement. Libertarianism seeks to protect the rights and liberties of the individual.

Individualism over collectivism every time. Most people don't get that. They just choose the form of collectivism that makes them feel most comfortable without realizing their entrapment via Stockholm Syndrome.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
The fundamental problem with libertarianism is that in many cases it simply isn't practical.

Libertarians are for open boarders and against tariffs, for example. Open boarders are bad across the board. No tariffs makes sense if every country we did business with decided to drop their tariffs, but that only exists in an idealistic world.

I also understand there is the big L and little l when it comes to libertarians and libertarianism.

Many libertarians don't believe in national boarders but value personal property as maybe the highest level of liberty that one can have. In a real world, these two things can't be true at at the same time, as it takes a nation and a state to protect personal property, or even personal liberty.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
The story of the two whores known as Aholah (Samaria) and Aholibah (Jerusalem) was a depiction/representation of how "spiritual" prostitution began in Egypt and continued into the Promised Land. People were ruthless back then. Child sacrifice to manmade gods was part of it.