Speaking of Covid

Djarum300

Addicted Member
My father is currently in the Hospital in Jacksonville with it. He's doing "ok" at the moment.

He has diabetes, COPD, and Heart Disease. Pretty much all the risk factors for severe cases or death. He is not on a vent. Just on oxygen and Antivirals and Antibiotics for Pnemonia.

It took a while to get him to the hospital because his first symptoms were gasterointestinal, and family he was visiting also reported similar issues several days later. He didn't start showing "Covid" symptoms until almost 10 days later. None of the family he was visiting tested postive, so it was first thought he was having food poisoining.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Hope he makes the trip with ease. My bro in law is just coming out of ICU today and hopefully can have the swallow test and start food. He's been in there for 7 weeks and nearly died three times.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
He passed away earlier today. The pulmonologist was surprised he was doing as well as he was when he first entered the hospital 3 weeks ago.

I had not realized that when he saw the pulmonologist over the summer that he was as bad off as he was. Apparently he had his that from us then.

He lived his life doing what he loved.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
My deepest sympathies, DJ. I am very sorry for your loss. Peace be with you and the family.

Scolai

Sorry to hear about your dad, DJ. It's amazing how this virus hits people differently. My son's girlfriend's mother has terrible pulmonary issues - on oxygen all the time and damn-near on death's doorstep every day. She contracted COVID in October. She went into the hospital and started to plan for the worst. Then she walked out of the hospital a week after going in.

I've heard of perfectly healthy people going down and completely health-compromised people shrugging it off. It makes no sense.

Peace to you and yours.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
From what the drs said, it was more of an issue of kidney failure (he already had kidney function decline) and his heart. He also delayed going to the hospital. After about a week they called an ambulance/fire department but refused to take him. A different ambulance took him immediately two days later. Who knows what would have happened if he would have gotten treatment at the onset of symptoms. Stubborn as hell.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Just got a call from Green Bay. My second oldest grandson (26) has been admitted to the hospital with covid. 02 level down to 82%

BTW, he wore a mask religiously and rarely went anywhere but work. And, he has his own office and wears a mask at work.

Last edited: