Student Suspended For Rescuing Girl

MI2AZ

Defied teacher's orders to stay in his seat.

When an eighth-grader at Texas' Gateway Middle School started suffering an asthma attack Tuesday, 15-year-old Anthony Ruelas at first did exactly what his teacher told him to do: stay seated while the teacher waited for the school nurse to email back about what to do, the Washington Post reports. But when the girl kept "wheezing and gagging" for several minutes and finally fell out of her chair, Anthony decided he'd had enough.

Per the teacher's report, Anthony said, "Fuck that, we ain't got time to wait for no email from the nurse" and, against the teacher's directive, carried his classmate to the nurse's office (she texted him the next evening to say she was OK). But instead of a pat on the back, Anthony ended up with a two-day suspension from the alternative school in Killeen.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
WTF is wrong with our school systems today? I could write a fucking essay on why this is so wrong, but I don't EVEN know where to start. WTF is wrong with people??????

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I don't remember teachers/faculty at my school being dumbasses like this. No wonder kids lack critical thinking/problem solving skills today... the people "teaching" them don't have any sense!

Where's JLS? Can I get a "We're screwed"?

Robadat

The Killeen ISD maintains the safety of our students, staff and campuses as a priority and applauds the efforts of students who act in good faith to assist others in times of need.”
The school system had a nice way of "applauding" this student for his act in good faith to assist another in time of need. Two days off ain't too bad.:Biggrin:

As for the idiot teacher, she should get a week's vacation, no pay. She should have called 911 when the nurse didn't get back to her.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Further, in an emergency texting is not a reliable mode of communication. Texts are easily missed due to a plethora of reasons. Call, or walk the student if possible. At worst, send a student to go get the nurse like we did before cell phones.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I just watched the original Time Machine movie the other night. We are moving much closer to the Eloi than anyone knows.

JLS

I don't remember teachers/faculty at my school being dumbasses like this. No wonder kids lack critical thinking/problem solving skills today... the people "teaching" them don't have any sense!

Where's JLS? Can I get a "We're screwed"?
Actually it happened here...Dec. 1 1958...School was on fire...The Nuns told the kids to REMAIN SEATED AT THEIR DESK....The kids were only on the 2nd floor...They could have made it safely out of building...

92 children DIED and 3 Nuns.......because they listened to the Nuns...

What a shame...

I still see the Firemen carrying the bodies out of the school...never will forget that terrible day...

And yes I agree...just because one is a teacher, does not make one have commonsense...