Susan G Komen Race for the Cure

SteveP

HI everyone, below if an open letter from my wife, Melanie, regarding the upcoming Susan G Komen Race for the Cure. If you are in the New Orleans area, please feel free to come out and join us. If you are not able to make the event, but would like to make a donation, please contact me at LETS_BOWL@yahoo.com and we can make the necessary arrangements.
Thank you!!!

**********************************************************************************************************************************************

Come join us for the Susan G. Komen Race For the Cure, City Park, October 26. 2013, 8:00 AM.
If you are unable to participate, that’s not a problem; we are having a picnic during the race. Please bring your own food, beverage & chairs.
We will have a donation bucket at the tent, towards the end of the race we will count all monies collected and deliver it to the race donation booth. You may also donate online under our team name.
The name of our team is Debbie’s Daisies, in memory of my beloved Sister, but feel free to wear a shirt, hat, sign, etc. with the name of the person you are walking for.
Our Co-Captain has picked out our costume for this year, black leggings (black shorts, etc.) and yellow tutus, I love it! Gentlemen, don’t be afraid to sport a yellow tutu, it’s very attractive! Dress comfortable and please remember to accessorize with jewelry, fight breast cancer tattoos ribbons, socks whatever you would like. We want to compete for team & tent awards this year!
It is a great day for fun, supporting others and making new friends! Being able to watch the survivors and their friends/families cross the finish line, I just cannot explain the overwhelming feeling you are filled with.
Hope to see all of you at this even and thanks for your help.
Melanie Perez & Kathleen LaGrange
Co-Captains / Team Debbie’s Daisies

Komen New Orleans Race for the Cure

Saturday, October 26, 2013

8:00A.M.
City Park

Go To: komenneworleans.org​

Click: Events, Scroll to Race for the Cure

Click:

Team: Debbie’s Daisies​

5K Run/Walk
1 Mile Run/Walk
Kids Dash (100 yards)

7:00AM… Registration/Packet Pick-up opens
8:00AM… Survivor Recognition Program
8:30AM… Kids Dash
8:45AM… 1 Mile Fun Run/Walk
9:30AM… 5K Competitive Runners
9:35AM… 5K Fun Run/Walk

COST:
$25……… Adults (18 yrs and up)
$15……… Teens (ages 13-17)
$12……….Kids (12 yrs & under - includes admittance to the Kids Tent)
$35……….Sleep in for the Cure (Donation Only)

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveP

Don't forget that I am accepting donations to be made to the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure!

The event is on October 26.

Please contact me if you would like to make a donation.
Thank you!!

Last edited by a moderator: