Texting Teen Driver Kills 2

MI2AZ

A teen driver profanely rebuffed the pleas of a passenger to stop texting, and as screams of “red light! red light!” echoed in the pickup truck, she struck a van in Sherburne County and killed the other driver and his 10-year-old daughter, according to prosecutors.

Once authorities had exposed as a lie the initial explanation that her boyfriend had been driving, Carlee R. Bollig, 17, of Little Falls, Minn., was charged last week in District Court with two counts each of criminal vehicular homicide and criminal vehicular operation, texting and driving, and driving without a valid license.

Jaronske told investigators that she implored Bollig on at least “eight or nine occasions” since they left St. Cloud to stop texting while driving, according to the allegations spelled out in a juvenile petition. Bollig, however, “refused to comply,” the juvenile petition read.

In response to Jaronske’s pleas to stop texting and driving, Bollig yelled and said she “didn’t care if she crashed,” and eventually she told her friend to “f — - off,” according to a search warrant affidavit filed in court three weeks after the crash.

Just as the pickup was about to enter the intersection, the charging petition read, Jaronske said someone yelled, “red light, red light!”

Bollig never applied the brakes, investigators determined, the pickup kept going on eastbound Hwy. 10 and it T-boned the van on the driver’s side as it traveled north on County Road 11, prosecutors allege.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Fucking Kunt! Had I been the passenger I would have ripped that phone from her hand and tossed it.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
BUT SERIOUSLY. TEXTING AND DRIVING IS AN EPIDEMIC AMONG ALL AGE GROUPS NOW. I HAVE A KID THAT WORKED FOR ME THAT COULDNT PUT THE PHONE DOWN NO MATER WHAT HE WAS DOING. DRIVING, WORKING, EATING, LITERALLY NO MATER WHAT. I TOLD HIM IF I CAUGHT HIM ON IT AGAIN, I WOULD BREAK IT IN HALF. I HAVNT SEEN HIM IN 2 WEEKS. GUESS HE QUIT. BUT I SEE ALL AGE GROUPS DRIVING AND TEXTING NOW. SIDE STREETS, HIIGHWAYS, DITCHES, SIDEWALKS...EVERYWHERE.

MI2AZ

Maybe if they changed the name from 'smart phones' to 'idiot phones', less time would be spent on them?

I hate seeing people even talking on a phone while driving. As bad as people putting on makeup or shaving while driving. They usually don't use the turn signals because they don't have a free hand to use it.

Another point in the above article was she didn't even have a driver's license. What was she doing behind the wheel? She was willing to blame her boyfriend as being the driver.

BTW, the ... means that there were omitted paragraphs from the article. Is there an established method of doing that?