This forum is BOOMING, compared to BR and BBE

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Everyone realizes that there isn't a lot of activity in the AB forum, but it's FAR MORE ACTIVE than the BR and BBE forums. I just took a look at those forums, and both of them are DEAD, for all intents and purposes.

BALLREVIEWS.COM ... NO members online, and only 3 threads with any action this month.
* Thread started on April 25 ... 3 posts yesterday, and 3 others this month
* Thread started on JULY 7, 2005 ... 9 replies in 2005, and one each on May 2, 4 and 5 this year.
* Thread started on March 27 .,. 4 replies in March, 3 in April, and 1 on May 3.

BOWLINGBALLEXCHANGE.COM ... Only 1 NEW THREAD (with NO replies) this month. 3 threads and 3 total replies in April.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
BBE has had my account on "discourage" for years, and despite my efforts to contact someone about it, nothing has been done. I don't even get a response so I doubt there is even any management there.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear Greg T:

I just took another scan of BE, and it shows 11 members online ... BUT one of them is YOU (Greg T). And when I click on your name, it shows that your last activity was viewing the index at 9:59 this morning.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Dear Greg T:

I just took another scan of BE, and it shows 11 members online ... BUT one of them is YOU (Greg T). And when I click on your name, it shows that your last activity was viewing the index at 9:59 this morning.
That's all I can do is log in. As soon as I do it takes me to a site that says the server is too busy, try again later. That's the way it's been for years. Yet, When I visit the site without being logged in I can navigate easily. I can't even contact anyone to tell them to get me off of the discouraged list.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
When BR eliminated the non bowling related section

that was the beginning of the end.

I blame Chet.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
When BR eliminated the non bowling related section

that was the beginning of the end.

I blame Chet.
Ya gotta admit, though, that it was out of control over there. And yes, I had my hand in it, too. I don't deny it. BUT, I nearly begged them to let me take over the moderation of the non bowling forum and they would have no part of it. So, they got what they got.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
That's all I can do is log in. As soon as I do it takes me to a site that says the server is too busy, try again later. That's the way it's been for years. Yet, When I visit the site without being logged in I can navigate easily. I can't even contact anyone to tell them to get me off of the discouraged list.
Dear Greg T:

I just took another look at BBE, and on the login area of the Home page, it still had my screen name (Mighty Fish) and my password in asterisks. Yesterday, I simply looked as a guest, but a few minutes ago, I clicked on the login and got full and instant access.

YOU were still on the listing of online members, but after I logged out, my name disappeared, and I don't plan on going back anytime soon.

Last edited:

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
By the way, on the BBE Arcade listing, the all-time Mahjongg Solitaire champion is still Mighty Fish with a score of 23,385 -- FAR AND AWAY the all-time leader, as second-place milorafferty had a score of 17,637 ...

Mighty Fish
achieved in the game Manjongg Solitare the best score
Highscore: 22,385

#​
Username​
Score​
Comment​
Time​
time played​
22,385​
a​
12-25-14 20:14​
10:07​
17,637​
a​
09-30-15 11:33​
07:50​
17,129​
a​
08-01-20 16:15​
06:34:47​
4​
16,816​
a​
07-02-19 23:52​
05:52​
5​
15,573​
a​
06-12-15 19:43​
10:02​
6​
14,668​
a​
06-08-16 14:56​
08:10​
7​
14,315​
a​
05-30-17 5:19​
08:55​
8​
14,241​
a​
04-16-20 20:55​
10:03​
9​
13,789​
a​
01-31-18 16:31​
10:03​
10​
13,592​
a​
12-19-14 11:58​
10:02​
11​
13,504​
a​
01-26-15 23:35​
09:01​
a​

Last edited:

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Dear Djarum300:

Apparently, it's been many months since almost anyone has been on either.
TG dis bowlingchat for a bit. I thing Hoses father was there for a bit.

Long gone daddy or whatever the name was and all the shit stirred up by him drove me off of BR 10 years ago or so.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Long gone daddy or whatever the name was and all the shit stirred up by him drove me off of BR 10 years ago or so.
Dear Djarum300:

Long Gone Daddy ... or perhaps, any of the half-dozen (or so) screen names he was using at any given time.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
I never had a problem with the Lane #1ers, but I asked a question in their BR forum and some dude reamed me out big time! It was a valid question. Dang they had some thin skin over there.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I never had a problem with the Lane #1ers, but I asked a question in their BR forum and some dude reamed me out big time! It was a valid question. Dang they had some thin skin over there.
I had the same issue! When I really into bowling, like 4 nights a week, and had my little pro shop in the basement I asked a few questions about their equipment because it never really took off in this area. They chewed into me for being a dumbass and not knowing about the best balls on the market. When I told them "best" is very subjective, I was pretty much told I was an idiot and shouldn't be bowling. Otherwise.... nice bunch of guys.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
I had the same issue! When I really into bowling, like 4 nights a week, and had my little pro shop in the basement I asked a few questions about their equipment because it never really took off in this area. They chewed into me for being a dumbass and not knowing about the best balls on the market. When I told them "best" is very subjective, I was pretty much told I was an idiot and shouldn't be bowling. Otherwise.... nice bunch of guys.
Probably same person.. They did have a lot of haters giving them grief about their god like allegiance to Ritchie. It was creepy.