Thoughts on Trump's Super Ginormous Wall of America

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
This weekend I saw a nice little piece on the "Sunday Morning" program about Big Bend National Park here in SW Texas. It's high in the list of places I want to go see here in Texas (and in America, for that matter). I've been thinking about it for a while, just haven't put together the time to go - I want at least week considering it'll be a full day drive each way to get there.

Anyway, back to the point of this thread... I would hate to get there and have this gigantic, man-made eyesore running through the middle of it. And the more I think about it, there are likely many more places along our border where nature's work could be (again) ruined by man.

I know, I know... it sounds like I'm saying "Screw the Mexicans! Don't screw up my vacation selfie pic with a big, ugly wall!" But that's not the case either. There is a small town across the river from the park, local Mexicans, who earn their living off the small amount of tourists that cross there. And I appreciate other cultures, so I'd like to be able to make that crossing and awkwardly hang out with the locals (awkward unless we have a translator - because otherwise all I'll be able to do is greet them and order 2 beers! lol )

Further, if we build to the north, even more pristine wilderness will be permanently affected with this eyesore.

So yeah, I guess I'm formally coming out against Trump's Wall.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Walled-up bowling lanes are sometimes referred to as "The Great Wall Of China" ... but someday, they might be called "The Great Wall Of Trump."

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
We could used chain gangs of incarcerated illegals to build it. Once its finished they are rewarded with citizenship.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
9, HAVE YOU HEARD WHAT THOSE DRUG CARTELS ARE DOING TO SHEEP!!! ITS OUTRAGOUS I TELL YOU, OUTRAGEOUS. :Mad:

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I DONT KNOW IF A WALL IS THE ANSWER, BUT I HAVNT HEARD ANYTHING BETTER FROM ANYONE ELSE. SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE. ITS WAY OUT OF CONTROL AND GETTING WORSE EVERYDAY.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I DONT KNOW IF A WALL IS THE ANSWER, BUT I HAVNT HEARD ANYTHING BETTER FROM ANYONE ELSE. SOMETHING HAS TO BE DONE. ITS WAY OUT OF CONTROL AND GETTING WORSE EVERYDAY.
... but establishment politicians certainly haven't done anything significant to address and reduce the problem(s).

toolguru

Total Tool
This weekend I saw a nice little piece on the "Sunday Morning" program about Big Bend National Park here in SW Texas. It's high in the list of places I want to go see here in Texas (and in America, for that matter). I've been thinking about it for a while, just haven't put together the time to go - I want at least week considering it'll be a full day drive each way to get there.

Anyway, back to the point of this thread... I would hate to get there and have this gigantic, man-made eyesore running through the middle of it. And the more I think about it, there are likely many more places along our border where nature's work could be (again) ruined by man.

I know, I know... it sounds like I'm saying "Screw the Mexicans! Don't screw up my vacation selfie pic with a big, ugly wall!" But that's not the case either. There is a small town across the river from the park, local Mexicans, who earn their living off the small amount of tourists that cross there. And I appreciate other cultures, so I'd like to be able to make that crossing and awkwardly hang out with the locals (awkward unless we have a translator - because otherwise all I'll be able to do is greet them and order 2 beers! lol )

Further, if we build to the north, even more pristine wilderness will be permanently affected with this eyesore.out that wall

So yeah, I guess I'm formally coming out against Trump's Wall.
Uh, don't have to worry about that wall ever being built. First, Trump won't be elected. Second, to think that we'll build a wall and expect another country to pay for it is the absolute definition of stupid

toolguru

Total Tool
... but establishment politicians certainly haven't done anything significant to address and reduce the problem(s).
What problems? California has assimilated its Latino population completely, so much so that southern California is primarily Latino. Any of you been to CA lately? Expect at least 50% of the people you meet to be Latinos. The only other places we have a "problem" at are AZ, TX, NM. Maybe NM. Let those bad ass states take care of themselves. I suggest they start by cracking down on the law abiding Americans that hire illegals under the table. I'm sick and tired of the Republican party telling us we have this "huge" problem when it affects 4% of America at the most. Do they really think somebody in the Northeast, Midwest, Southeast, and Northwest are going to get all fired up over a "problem" that doesn't affect them? Just another example of how far out of touch that party is with reality.

toolguru

Total Tool
Sure. I defy you to tell me where American culture ends and Latino/Cuban culture begins in Southern FL. Translation: it ain't a problem. You live in FL? Doubt it. Next you'll be talking about Louisiana, Oregon, Michigan, and Maine and the out of control immigration problem they have. Think for yourself and don't buy into a political party's grandstanding and false agenda.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
Lived there for 18 years. I live in Alabama now. And I do think for myself. I saw first hand selling paint to contractors how illegals effect employment and the economy. So yes, it is a problem. Some states have it worse than others.

toolguru

Total Tool
Lived there for 18 years. I live in Alabama now. And I do think for myself. I saw first hand selling paint to contractors how illegals effect employment and the economy. So yes, it is a problem. Some states have it worse than others.[/QUOTE

What does that prove? What did you see?
You just proved my point. It's the people that hire them that are the problem. They are the ones who "affect" employment and the economy.
No jobs, they ain't coming. Irrefutable, undeniable. I rest my case.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
IF THEY WERE NOT HERE, THEY COULD NOT BE HIRED. SEND EM BACK, BUILD THE WALL. I DO AGREE THOUGH, NO WAY TO MAKE MEXICO PAY FOR IT.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
IF THEY WERE NOT HERE, THEY COULD NOT BE HIRED. SEND EM BACK, BUILD THE WALL. I DO AGREE THOUGH, NO WAY TO MAKE MEXICO PAY FOR IT.
If Trump says he has a way to make them pay for the wall, you can believe him. Trump has a lot of willy nilly in him, but one thing he is not.....a liar. He is, without a doubt, one of the most shrewd businessmen on the planet. He didn't accumulate his billions by luck. If he says he has a plan to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it, I'd wager on that.

livespive

The problem is that legal immigrants are just that. legal. Someone here legally is going to want to work for the same wages that we get. CA and FL might be assimilated, but the fact comes down to money, when a company wants to save money, they are not going to hire the "legal" Mexicans, when the "illegal" Mexicans will work for much less.

Lived there for 18 years. I live in Alabama now. And I do think for myself. I saw first hand selling paint to contractors how illegals effect employment and the economy. So yes, it is a problem. Some states have it worse than others.

bbfreeburn

If Trump says he has a way to make them pay for the wall, you can believe him. Trump has a lot of willy nilly in him, but one thing he is not.....a liar. He is, without a doubt, one of the most shrewd businessmen on the planet. He didn't accumulate his billions by luck. If he says he has a plan to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it, I'd wager on that.
Trump never lies? Really?

"
And Trump has admitted to lying about his wealth. “Have you ever exaggerated in statements about your properties?” he was asked during a deposition in the mid 2000s. “I think everyone does,” Trump replied. “Does that mean that sometimes you’ll inflate the value of your properties in your statements?” the lawyer followed up. Trump: “Not beyond reason.”

I'm only taking time to find one example, but yes, your boy lies.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Trump never lies? Really?

"
And Trump has admitted to lying about his wealth. “Have you ever exaggerated in statements about your properties?” he was asked during a deposition in the mid 2000s. “I think everyone does,” Trump replied. “Does that mean that sometimes you’ll inflate the value of your properties in your statements?” the lawyer followed up. Trump: “Not beyond reason.”

I'm only taking time to find one example, but yes, your boy lies.
You're taking my statement out of context. Of course he tells little lies, as does everyone. I'm talking about Clinton sized lies, Obama sized lies, etc. Anyone who has filled out a job app or written a resume' has "lied". There is a difference between embellishment and lying, although I'll admit the lines are blurred. I do believe you grasp what I'm saying.

livespive

He might not have "lied" per say, but he definitely said it before he thought it through.
He might come up with a way, but he didn't know it before he said it.

I would also say that lying about you cash flow the way that Trump did is big. Like you said, it isn't Clinton, or Obama, but he is not in office yet, so the size of his lies are based on his position :)

You're taking my statement out of context. Of course he tells little lies, as does everyone. I'm talking about Clinton sized lies, Obama sized lies, etc. Anyone who has filled out a job app or written a resume' has "lied". There is a difference between embellishment and lying, although I'll admit the lines are blurred. I do believe you grasp what I'm saying.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
AND THAT LIVE IS THE ISSUE AT HAND. WILL AMERICA ELECT TRUMP TO SEE IF HE WILL FOLLOW THRU ON WHAT HE HAS SAID, OR WILL THEY ELECT SOMEONE WE KNOW IS LYING BEFORE THEY GET ELECTED.