Trump And Golf

MI2AZ

Trump was on Dr Oz show and said
  • He's so good at golf that he could play professionally.
Doing an internet search on Trump and golf (wanted to verify that statement) and found this:
http://www.golf.com/extra-spin/donald-trump-cheating-golf-yes-says-samuel-l-jackson

Donald Trump's campaign for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination has been marked by controversy at every turn, and his golf game is no different.

According to Samuel L. Jackson, Trump isn't the most trustworthy man on the fairways. The prolific actor and avid golfer tees it up with Trump from time to time, and when asked by United Airlines' Rhapsody magazine who was the better golfer, Jackson responded, "Oh, I am for sure. I don’t cheat."

This is hardly the first Trump has been accused of cheating on the golf course. In September, The Washington Post compiled a list of such allegations from several of his past playing partners. Trump denied those claims, and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady sort of backed him up when writer Chuck Klosterman asked him whether Trump cheats for a November interview with GQ.

"Nah," Brady said. "He just -- he doesn't lose. He just doesn't lose."

Jackson didn't stop there. He also told Rhapsody that Trump made him a dues-paying member of one of his clubs without his knowledge.

"Last week or so, I actually got a bill from Trump National Golf Club," Jackson said. "And I haven't been there in four or five years, so I had my assistant call. They said it was for membership dues. And I said, 'I'm not a member,' and they said, 'Yeah, you are -- you have a member number.' Apparently he'd made me a member of one of his golf clubs, and I didn’t even know it! ... I'm not payin' that!"

The Donald, however, was not having it. Trump took to Twitter on Tuesday to share his thoughts on Jackson's accusations:

I don’t know @SamuelLJackson, to best of my knowledge haven't played golf w/him & think he does too many TV commercials—boring. Not a fan.

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 5, 2016

Can we get a match play round set up between these two?

MI2AZ

Finally found this (I don't golf so some of those terms I am not familiar with):

With an expanding collection of courses and resorts around the world, Donald Trump has become a player in the golf industry.

But what about when Trump sheds the business clothes, slips on his golf shoes, and heads to the first tee? What kind of player is he then?

Better than decent, it appears. Trump has a handicap index of 3.0, he made the first hole-in-one at his newest public course near New York City, and as he boasted on Tuesday, he has lifted more than a few golf trophies.

“I know how to win. I’ve won . . . these people will tell you. Have I won many club championships? Does Trump know how to close?” he said at a victory rally after cementing his lead for the Republican Party presidential nomination with victories in the Michigan and Mississippi primaries. “Winning is winning. It’s not easy to win club championships, believe me. And I’m not talking about with strokes. I’m talking with no strokes.”

Fact-checking a candidate during a campaign is par for the course — pardon the pun — but some of Trump’s claims can be confirmed. His name is included with the list of club champions at Trump National Golf Club in Bedminster, N.J. A plaque recognizing his hole-in-one on the 12th hole at Trump Golf Links Ferry Point in the Bronx has been added to the tee box (8-iron, 149 yards, Oct. 9, 2013). His GHIN handicap index — available for perusal to anyone with Internet access — shows the 20 most recent 18-hole scores Trump has posted. The low, a 70, is from August 2013, and came in a tournament; the highest, an 86, was posted in October 2014.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
I believe it's far easier to prove that Hillary is a liar than it is to prove that Donald is a golf cheat. Anyone can ACCUSE anyone else of anything.

MI2AZ

Not as good as Kim Jong-Il, the former North Korean leader who made five aces in his first round of golf, shooting a 38-under-par score of 34. Very, um, impressive.

MI2AZ

I believe it's far easier to prove that Hillary is a liar than it is to prove that Donald is a golf cheat. Anyone can ACCUSE anyone else of anything.

Show me the politician who doesn't lie first, so we can have a standard to hold them against. :)