Trump judge belongs to group that called for Trump business boycott

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
The judge in the Trump University civil case has direct ties to the Hispanic National Bar Association, and he is a member of La Raza Lawyers of San Diego.

The National Council of La Raza is the largest Hispanic advocacy group in the nation and has taken a strong stance against Trump. They previously
called Saturday Night Live a platform for “hate” for inviting on the New York businessman. La Raza translates to “the race” in English.

http://spectator.org/trump-judge-belongs-to-group-that-called-for-trump-business-boycott/

Good Times Good Times

Trump's argument goes something like, "the judge isn't white, and Trump openly hates brown people, therefore only a white judge can preside over the case in an unbiased manner, therefore all brown judges should recuse themselves and only a white (not to mention male and non-Muslim) judge should oversee the case."

A Chinese Judge would be prejudice too, so rule out Asians, Blacks, Spanish, and Muslims must be ruled out for Trump to get a fair trial.

While we're at it, rule out Liberals, and Democrats, and just about everyone else that doesn't worship Fox News. Yup and there should be all-white juries when a white supremacist kills a black person, and all-male juries when a man is accused of raping a woman.

How about all-black juries/judges whenever a black person is on trial? I'm sure that would go over well.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
MAYBE TRUMP AND HILLARY COULD GO ON TRIAL AT THE SAME TIME. AND ONLY LET NON VOTERS BE ALLOWED ON EACH JURY. AND THE JUDGES COULD PICKED BY THE THE JURY MEMBERS.

radioactive

The judge in the Trump University civil case has direct ties to the Hispanic National Bar Association, and he is a member of La Raza Lawyers of San Diego.

The National Council of La Raza is the largest Hispanic advocacy group in the nation and has taken a strong stance against Trump. They previously
called Saturday Night Live a platform for “hate” for inviting on the New York businessman. La Raza translates to “the race” in English.

http://spectator.org/trump-judge-belongs-to-group-that-called-for-trump-business-boycott/

If this is in fact true then the Donald has a point. The judge should remove himself or be removed.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I AM CURIOUS TOO. HOW MANY HISPANIC POLITICIANS WOULD GO TO THIS JUDGE AND TELL HIM ITS TIME TO SHOW TRUMP WE DO HAVE POWER. OR AM I OVER THINKING THIS SITUATION?

MI2AZ

Trump supporters are linking the judge in the Trump University case to the wrong 'La Raza'

As evidence of what they say is Curiel's bias, Trump and some of his supporters have pointed to the judge's membership in La Raza Lawyers of San Diego, a local group for Hispanic lawyers that is affiliated with the Hispanic National Bar Association.

Some Trump supporters have incorrectly linked La Raza Lawyers to the National Council of La Raza, a 50-year-old civil rights group that has been strongly critical of Trump's proposals on immigration, as well as his idea to temporarily ban Muslims from entering the United States.

The NCLR's non-profit designation bars it from engaging in political campaigns, and the group's website describes it as a "nonpartisan voice for Latinos."

A conservative blog, GotNews.com, first noted Curiel's membership in the lawyer's group, which it identified simply as "La Raza," on May 31. A day later, another conservative website, The Daily Caller, made a link to the NCLR.

REVerse °

Addicted Member
(1) Why do Liberals always assume that people that disagree with their "logic" watch FoxNews? Are Liberals closet FoxNews watchers because they always seem to know everything that FoxNews airs? I don't watch any TV broadcast news networks.

(2) If FoxNews is so bad- why do Liberals never suggest an alternative and why?

(3) A rebuttal of "anything but FoxNews" is unacceptable.

Good Times Good Times

(1) Why do Liberals always assume that people that disagree with their "logic" watch FoxNews? Are Liberals closet FoxNews watchers because they always seem to know everything that FoxNews airs? I don't watch any TV broadcast news networks.

(2) If FoxNews is so bad- why do Liberals never suggest an alternative and why?

(3) A rebuttal of "anything but FoxNews" is unacceptable.
1) I base my personal "logic" on the rules of logic and certainly try to avoid fallacies. I think it's generally that it's the same line of argumentation and often the same sentiment behind those arguments. I'm EAGER and WILLING to concede a point! Some aren't......take gay marriage for example, you'll often hear "well if you allow gay marriage then people will marry cows". Obv they don't understand consenting adults and that children are a protected class.......so that line of argument is weak. When confronted with that fact you'll see people entrench further (for some reason). It's an exceptionally bizarre thing. Hell, look at the anti-science crowd.

As for the members here, you're not going to convince me AW doesn't burn Fox News up. While I am considered "liberal" (barely)......I hold personal conservative views but I don't seek to impose them on others. I can still be married but I don't feel the need to obstruct THEM even though I hold beliefs that it's (the behavior) immoral. Live and let live.

2) I think if you've watched me post I'll usually offer up objective evidence to support my claim. I'm VERY willing to revise my stand on a position if you give me good empirical evidence. I'll also admit MSNBC and the NYT are biased, often you won't see many Fox watchers admit that Fox IS (but whatev's). I get my news from a variety of sources as I like to explore the arguments of my opposition on merit. I like TYT personally even though they're considered "liberal" but I think they argue from a good place and ask legitimate questions. I get my daily morning Yahoo list of current events. I'm more of a firsthand primary source type of person.

Real Time with Bill Maher is a good show as there is always multiple sides represented and the discussion is fair and open. While Bill is liberal, I've seen him call out liberal bullshit too (nanny state shit).

3) You didn't get "anything but Fox".

Last edited:

Good Times Good Times

I also think sometimes......when facts roll in and it doesn't fit someone's worldview..........it, for some reason, blows their whole world apart b/c they find IDENTITY in "this is my team" or "I'm a part of ____ group". Again, while I'm considered liberal/libertarian.....I have no allegiance to a party, news source or social "group" thingy.

I'm an objective rationalist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic_and_rationality