Trump Wants To Avoid Megyn Kelly

MI2AZ

With anticipation building over the final Republican debate before the Iowa caucuses next week, one candidate is contemplating skipping it: Donald J. Trump.

In an interview with CNN on Monday, Mr. Trump again lashed out at Megyn Kelly, the Fox News host and moderator who asked Mr. Trump at a debate last year if previous remarks he had made were a “part of the war on women.” Ms. Kelly is one of the moderators at the debate on Thursday as well, and Mr. Trump said he might not attend.

“Nothing’s 100 percent, I’m not 100 percent,” Mr. Trump said in the interview. “I’ll see. If I think I’m going to be treated unfairly, I’d do something else. I don’t think she can treat me fairly, I think she’s very biased. But that doesn’t mean I don’t do the debate. I like doing debates.”

He was more pointed in his criticism of Mrs. Kelly, saying: “I don’t like her. She doesn’t treat me fairly. I’m not a big fan of hers at all.”

I agree, but Trump may -- in his own way -- be attempting to "intimidate" and/or influence Megyn Kelly's debate questioning, because Megyn certainly did attempt to "ambush" Trump in one of the early debates.
Yes she did ... She likes to exercise her power and authority and the network stands 100% behind her regardless of how wrong she might be about anything.

Should she open the door, he needs to stand his ground and tell her off putting her in her place like I believe it was Newt Ginrich did in telling off Juan Williams, another Fox person a few years ago.

Last edited:

MI2AZ

Donald Trump on Tuesday bowed out of the final Republican presidential debate before the Iowa caucuses, saying Fox News moderator Megyn Kelly is "a lightweight." With 48 hours to go before the faceoff, campaign manager Corey Lewandowski confirmed Trump's decision Tuesday evening after a press conference in which Trump lashed out at Kelly and said she'd been "toying" with him. "He will not be participating in the Fox News debate Thursday," Lewandowski said after the press conference. Earlier, Trump tweeted that Fox News would sooner dump Kelly than slog through a Trump-less debate, but the network quickly rejected that idea.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
I'm kinda surprised at this. At least he'd be prepared for it this time.

My only guess is he's trying to punish Fox, thinking their ratings will tank without him. It's a big gamble for a personal vendetta. He now leaves himself open to Megyn goading on everyone to just pile on Trump in a situation where he can't defend himself. And if viewers show up in mass anyway, it's a double whammy. And it shows weakness. If he can't stand up to Megyn, how's he gonna stand up to a Manly Man like Putin?

Not a good move, IMO.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
HE IS STUCK NOW. HE CANT CHANGE HIS MIND NOW. IF HE DOES, THEY WILL SAY HE CANT MAKE UP HIS MIND. I DONT THINK IT WILL HURT HIM. AND PEOPLE WILL TUNE IN NOW JUST TO HEAR WHAT SHE HAS TO SAY ABOUT TRUMP. IT MIGHT BACKFIRE ON HER AND FOX.

bbfreeburn

Bill, how often has Trump appeared on CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, etc? I've really no idea because I don't willingly watch any TV "news."

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Bill, how often has Trump appeared on CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, etc? I've really no idea because I don't willingly watch any TV "news."
Dear bbfreeburn:

I have seen Trump on CNN, ABC and CBS, but I can't say anything about MSNBC (because I never watch it). However, as to the regular NBC network, Trump has appeared on Face The Nation (and probably other times, as well).

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Missing the point? Trump made some demands to get the upper hand. He is right about her, but this isnt about Megan. This move is to prove how much his appearance influences fox's debate ratings. It's about havimg the confidence and nads to do what he says. Something that hasnt been seen in DC in many many years.

bbfreeburn

And I predict it will influence the ratings something less than one (1) whit. I think he's fucked himself on this one. As someone said, If he can't stand up to Megan Kelly how's he going to do with someone like Putin?:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
And I predict it will influence the ratings something less than one (1) whit. I think he's fucked himself on this one. As someone said, If he can't stand up to Megan Kelly how's he going to do with someone like Putin?:
I'm predicting closer to 50% drop in viewership. And I'll make another prediction. His numbers will increase on the next poll.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I AGREE WITH G. 9 AND BBF. FOLLOWING THAT TRAIN OF THOUGHT. WHAT IF HE TOLD PUTIN TO BACK OFF OR ELSE. AND THEN KEPT HIS WORD AND FOLLOWED THROUGH WITH OR ELSE.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I AGREE WITH G. 9 AND BBF. FOLLOWING THAT TRAIN OF THOUGHT. WHAT IF HE TOLD PUTIN TO BACK OFF OR ELSE. AND THEN KEPT HIS WORD AND FOLLOWED THROUGH WITH OR ELSE.
This precisely his point and he is proving it tomorrow.