Ugh, c'mon GJ

Good Times Good Times

GJ, if you're really this retarded I can't vote for you! Looks like I'll have to find another candidate OR write someone in....

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/09/us/politics/gary-johnson-aleppo.html

‘What Is Aleppo?’ Gary Johnson Asks, in an Interview Stumble

Gary Johnson, the former New Mexico governor and Libertarian Party presidential nominee, revealed a surprising lack of foreign policy knowledge on Thursday that could rock his insurgent candidacy when he could not answer a basic question about the crisis in Aleppo, Syria.

“What is Aleppo?” Mr. Johnson said when asked on MSNBC how, as president, he would address the refugee crisis in the war-torn Syrian city.

When pressed as to whether he was serious, Mr. Johnson indicated that he really was not aware of the city, which has been widely covered during the years that Syria has been engulfed in civil war. After Mike Barnicle, an MSNBC commentator who is often part of the “Morning Joe” program panel, explained that Aleppo was the center of Syria’s refugee crisis, Mr. Johnson struggled to recover.

“O.K., got it,” he said, explaining that he thinks that the United States must partner with Russia to diplomatically improve the situation there. “With regard to Syria, I do think that it’s a mess.”

The stumble could be a serious blow to Mr. Johnson’s campaign, just as he is making a final push to improve his standing in the polls. His support needs to reach 15 percent in a series of major national polls to be included in the presidential debates.

Mr. Johnson’s support has been hovering around 10 percent. He and his running mate, former Gov. Bill Weld of Massachusetts, have been aggressively making the case that they represent a viable alternative for voters who are not happy with the major party nominees Hillary Clinton and Donald J. Trump.

Mr. Johnson and Mr. Weld are both former two-term Republican governors who are socially liberal and fiscally conservative. While Libertarians are very free-trade oriented, they are often criticized for being isolationist and lacking interest in foreign policy."

Some leading Republicans who oppose Mr. Trump have said openly that they are giving the Libertarian ticket a serious look. On Wednesday night, Mitt Romney, the 2012 Republican nominee, publicly called for Mr. Johnson and Mr. Weld to be included in the presidential debates.

The stumble could derail such hopes and it was widely mocked on social media.

On Twitter the question “What is Aleppo?” was trending, with many critics arguing that Mr. Johnson had disqualified himself from the presidency.

Some even attributed the flub to Mr. Johnson’s acknowledged use of marijuana. He is a proponent of legalizing the drug and he was previously the chief executive of a business that marketed and sold recreational marijuana products.

Mr. Johnson expressed disappointment about the lapse in a brief follow-up interview that was broadcast on MSNBC and canceled some of his other scheduled interviews planned for later in the day.

“I’m incredibly frustrated with myself,” he said. “I have to get smarter and that’s just part of the process.”

REVerse °

Addicted Member
He can't keep up with everything. Personally, I'd give him a pass on that one. Lots of gotcha politics going on at the moment.

Good Times Good Times

He can't keep up with everything. Personally, I'd give him a pass on that one. Lots of gotcha politics going on at the moment.
I don't know man.........how does one have any semblance of modern foreign policy if you don't know Aleppo. It's like Ground Zero for everything right now.

JLS

Never mind Aleppo....NO ONE KNOWS WHO THE FUXXCK GARY JOHNSON IS....

This race is between my boy Trump and my girl Hillary...

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Yeah. That's so much worse than all the shit that's fallen out of Trump's mouth, and so much worse than the decades of Clinton corruption.

One would expect more, but really, the bar is pretty low this year... at least GJ can learn where Aleppo is and what's going on there. Hillary can't bring back the dead who have crossed her, and Donald... well he isn't gonna change either.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Yeah. That's so much worse than all the shit that's fallen out of Trump's mouth, and so much worse than the decades of Clinton corruption.

One would expect more, but really, the bar is pretty low this year... at least GJ can learn where Aleppo is and what's going on there. Hillary can't bring back the dead who have crossed her, and Donald... well he isn't gonna change either.
But.. Like what falls out of Trump's mouth or not, he tells the truth and tells it like it is. I'd rather have a crude truth than an eloquent lie any day of the week.

Good Times Good Times

But.. Like what falls out of Trump's mouth or not, he tells the truth and tells it like it is. I'd rather have a crude truth than an eloquent lie any day of the week.
My issue w/Trump is that he doesn't say really much in terms of substance/bills etc. He doesn't speak in terms of policy often or lay out plans. So while I get why people like bluntness.....I do, when it's said he tells it like it is, I don't know what the "it" is.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
My issue w/Trump is that he doesn't say really much in terms of substance/bills etc. He doesn't speak in terms of policy often or lay out plans. So while I get why people like bluntness.....I do, when it's said he tells it like it is, I don't know what the "it" is.
I can appreciate that. He kinda explained it last night by saying he doesn't want to telegraph his moves. It would be foolish to broadcast a strategic plan, and I get that. But, major kudos to you for not being a party puppet. If everyone would vote person and not party we could lick this dysfunctional duopoly.

Good Times Good Times

I can appreciate that. He kinda explained it last night by saying he doesn't want to telegraph his moves. It would be foolish to broadcast a strategic plan, and I get that.
I did think that he could possibly be just holding his cards close as his strategy (little Marco / Lyin' Ted) worked to get him the nod. Now, it gets real with the debates coming up. If he can come out well prepared I think he can really really narrow the gap vs Clinton if she has a poor performance.

But, major kudos to you for not being a party puppet. If everyone would vote person and not party we could lick this dysfunctional duopoly.
I guess I'm writing in Chuckles the Clown this election....... :Roflmao: :Roflmao: :Roflmao: :Roflmao:

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I did think that he could possibly be just holding his cards close as his strategy (little Marco / Lyin' Ted) worked to get him the nod. Now, it gets real with the debates coming up. If he can come out well prepared I think he can really really narrow the gap vs Clinton if she has a poor performance.

I guess I'm writing in Chuckles the Clown this election....... :Roflmao: :Roflmao: :Roflmao: :Roflmao:
Even THAT is better than voting a party "just because". It shows insight, individuality and the ability to swim upstream.

bbfreeburn

So then I take it you are a big fan of Vladimer Putin? (another murderer).

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
So then I take it you are a big fan of Vladimer Putin? (another murderer).
Personal fan? Fuck no. But I do respect his ability to stand up for what he believes and is willing to take action to achieve it. He displays an image of decisiveness and strength, unwilling to back down and be manipulated. Those are qualities of a true leader. I don't have to agree with the politics to respect the man.

Good Times Good Times