Was thinking about environment

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
I need someone to explain to me how shutting down the pipeline is better for the environment. Think carefully about it, and if someone can come up with a GOOD, LOGICAL explanation I'd love to hear it.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
I AGREE SEVEN. I AM ONLY 64, BUT I DONT REMEMBER ANY PRESIDENT MAKING 100% GOOD DECISIONS FOR AMERICA. NOT IN MY LIFETIME FOR SURE.

Djarum300

Addicted Member
I need someone to explain to me how shutting down the pipeline is better for the environment. Think carefully about it, and if someone can come up with a GOOD, LOGICAL explanation I'd love to hear it.
I think what I've heard are concerns if it ever leaks or breaks. It's the same excuse for nuclear. It's the same excuse for Covid lockdowns. It ain't like this oil won't be moved. So if when a train explodes carrying this oil and polutes the land around it, Biden can say welp, at least that patch of land over there is saved.

It's about immediate gratification. If the environmental warming is going to kill millions or billions, wouldn't nuclear be OK even if in the off chance thousands might die from a meltdown? The same goes for this pipeline.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Okay, so we're working on the premise that it may leak someday. But has anyone thought that pushing oil through a pipe actually is about zero emissions as opposed to running 100000 diesel trucks all over the country on a daily basis. And let's not forget about the tanker ships crossing the ocean.

AlwaysWrite

Addicted Member
Dear Greg T:

Simple. Trump was for it. Therefore, Biden is against it.

9andaWiggle

Addicted Member
Okay, so we're working on the premise that it may leak someday. But has anyone thought that pushing oil through a pipe actually is about zero emissions as opposed to running 100000 diesel trucks all over the country on a daily basis. And let's not forget about the tanker ships crossing the ocean.
Has anyone thought about what a few billion old, decomposing batteries are going to do to the environment 50 years from now? And don't give me that recycle bullshit, because we can't even recycle 100% of our beer cans...

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Has anyone thought about what a few billion old, decomposing batteries are going to do to the environment 50 years from now? And don't give me that recycle bullshit, because we can't even recycle 100% of our beer cans...
Sure. I've been saying it for years. And dont forget the open pit lithium mining.

Scolai

Someone posted this on a comment I made on FB about the pipeline. Dissect it at your leisure:

Here are some facts for the pipeline whiners:
The Keystone Pipeline was being built to ship shale oil from Canada to The Gulf Of Mexico to be shipped to China. Shale oil is the sludge of the oil commodities market. American refineries do not want to process, and refine it when there is brent crude available. Building the pipeline will take 2,000 workers two years to build. After that, there will be 35 permanent jobs manning the pumping stations, and checking for, and repairing leaks. That oil is already being shipped. How? By truckers, and railroad workers, keeping them employed, along with the truck stop workers, mechanics, motel workers, restaurant workers, filling station workers, etc. who man the trucking networks. The pipeline would cut out the need for thousands of truck drivers, and the other workers I mentioned in the trucking network. The pipeline also crosses the largest aquafer in the United States, and if a break occurs at that point, drinking water for thousands of miles will be undrinkable. You talk about 5 dollars a gallon for gas? How about 30 dollars a gallon for water? The pipeline serves one purpose, and one alone. That is to increase profits for the oil companies. It will eliminate thousands of jobs in doing so, but it is made to look as if killing the pipeline will kill jobs. Think about it critically. It is a corporate lie. Not to mention the sacred land that belongs to indigenous people who the white man has broken so many treaties with & used for their advantage, not the native Americans. Corporate lies is what’s being used to gain leverage in social media ranks but the truth is the truth. Believe what U want folks because those who do will & those who don’t truly believe corporations are ppl will see though the lies.

Greg T.

The Jizz Slinger
Someone posted this on a comment I made on FB about the pipeline. Dissect it at your leisure:
This is a rather "fudged" explanation. The unions have already stated 42000 jobs were lost, and this doesnt even consider the impact on the steel workers, machine mechanics, loggers, etc.

WAMO

Spanking His Monkey
GOOD FIND SCOLAI.

SO ITS A LOSE / LOSE EITHER WAY? ITS JUST THAT IN CERTAIN MINDS, BIDENS WAY IS A LOSE AND THE OTHER LOSE DOESNT REALLY MATER? FIGURES SOME WOULD SEE IT THAT WAY.